The end of Arturia plugins ?

Official support for: arturia.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I paid for the $99 upgrade of all of my V4 instruments before I saw the full V5 upgrade. I am still waiting for my activation info, and am wondering if after I activate those and want to get all of the rest of the V5 instruments, will I get a further discount? Or will I need to still pay the $199 on top of the $99 I just spent?
I sent in a message through the support part of the website, but I have tried that path before and have never gotten a response. Someone on Gearslutz told me that a rep is actually answering questions here.
Love the products, I wish the upgrade path was more obvious and logical!
Music folds and unfolds the universe.
http://soundyaudio.com/

I am very disappointed with their decision to charge 100 bucks for the much-need and long-awaited updates to the V Collection 4 synths. I've been excitedly checking my Software Center regularly for the updates. It was a real blow today to see they wanted 100 bucks for 'em. :(
I sure hope they reverse that decision. A Hundred bucks is A LOT of money to me.
The only new instrument I'm interested in is the Synclavier. Definitely not worth the full V5 upgrade. .. i mean .. piano? seriously? o.O

I'm also VERY hesitant to try the demos. I don't want to break anything I already have. That would utterly piss me off before sending me into a spiraling depression.

^^ This.
I was also waiting for resizable GUI, but 99 bucks ? No sorry. beside the new instruments (for which you have to pay $199) what the upgrade to v5 offers for $99?
Pass.

Especially since the updates to the audio engines are, it seems, minimal at best. That's quite a chunk of cash for a facelift. It could be tolerable if the new synths were all that, but, so far, I'm not all that impressed.

Yep, I'm also not happy about the expensive upgrade. So the only decision is not to buy now. I would accept an upgrade within v4 for 39 bucks (still much for what you get and only acceptable for people got v4 for a sale price imo). On top of this they could charge 49 for every new instrument (since most people are interested in the Synclav anyway) or 99 for all new instruments in addition. That is only my very personal pov of course.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

In all due respect to everyone here (and I am not affiliated with Arturia in any way besides as a paying customer), but I see more and more threads on many forum sites where people think that software needs to be cheap.....I test for a few companies (NOT Arturia!), and I can promise you that good software has a much bigger overhead than you might think. These people are trying to make a living to pay their bills, feed their families, whatever...just like all of us are at whatever jobs we do. With the "coupon" prices for existing customers, I think that the prices are quite fair. This is good software and for me at least it has been extremely reliable and USEFUL in MY work. I understand that "money does not grow on trees", I am not a wealthy guy at all. But in this particular case, it is my opinion that the prices are great, especially if a coupon is used in the time allotted.
Just my opinion...flame away...lol

No problem. It is like always you'll find people who say that is a good price while other say it is too expensive. No big deal.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:No problem. It is like always you'll find people who say that is a good price while other say it is too expensive. No big deal.
Indeed.

richinmusic wrote:In all due respect to everyone here (and I am not affiliated with Arturia in any way besides as a paying customer), but I see more and more threads on many forum sites where people think that software needs to be cheap.....I test for a few companies (NOT Arturia!), and I can promise you that good software has a much bigger overhead than you might think. These people are trying to make a living to pay their bills, feed their families, whatever...just like all of us are at whatever jobs we do. With the "coupon" prices for existing customers, I think that the prices are quite fair. This is good software and for me at least it has been extremely reliable and USEFUL in MY work. I understand that "money does not grow on trees", I am not a wealthy guy at all. But in this particular case, it is my opinion that the prices are great, especially if a coupon is used in the time allotted.
We're all trying to make a living to feed our families. Sorry, software is worth what the market will bear. How much it cost you to develop it doesn't have any impact on my evaluation, nor does it generally have the impact that people believe that it does on the selling price. Price is determined by what it is believed that the market will bear.

You want the gold standard, then be the gold standard. You want to make fistfuls of cash, get out of the music software business.

What would users consider to be a reasonable price for this upgrade? (Not including the new plugs)

AnX wrote:What would users consider to be a reasonable price for this upgrade? (Not including the new plugs)
In my opinion, the upgrade itself should be a costless upgrade. Arturia has been asleep at the wheel with their guis for years and they didn't put enough effort into the sound engines to really justify charging.

I think other people have already pretty much made a decent case for $99 with the new software. I would even be ok with them saying that you have to buy v5 to get the updates to your old instruments.

richinmusic wrote:In all due respect to everyone here (and I am not affiliated with Arturia in any way besides as a paying customer), but I see more and more threads on many forum sites where people think that software needs to be cheap.....I test for a few companies (NOT Arturia!), and I can promise you that good software has a much bigger overhead than you might think. These people are trying to make a living to pay their bills, feed their families, whatever...just like all of us are at whatever jobs we do. With the "coupon" prices for existing customers, I think that the prices are quite fair. This is good software and for me at least it has been extremely reliable and USEFUL in MY work. I understand that "money does not grow on trees", I am not a wealthy guy at all. But in this particular case, it is my opinion that the prices are great, especially if a coupon is used in the time allotted.
U-he customers get GUI improvements/reworks and sound engine improvements for free.

Would love to have the new GUIs, but not for 99 bucks.

I would have paid the $169 that I did just for the Synclavier - so for me the gui updates and extra plugins are free. Fact is the Synclavier is sold for 199,00 € on its own so I got that for a bargain price already.

ghettosynth wrote:
AnX wrote:What would users consider to be a reasonable price for this upgrade? (Not including the new plugs)
In my opinion, the upgrade itself should be a costless upgrade. Arturia has been asleep at the wheel with their guis for years and they didn't put enough effort into the sound engines to really justify charging.

I think other people have already pretty much made a decent case for $99 with the new software. I would even be ok with them saying that you have to buy v5 to get the updates to your old instruments.
Thats really how it is, you dont need to update. Buying/upgrading to V5 seems a much better option given the new stuff you get.

I think the main problem of not upgrading now is that there will be no hope of getting some of the still outstanding issues fixed. Examples are the 'ensemble' on the Solina, which somehow sounds too strong, or the fact that on the Vox and the Wurli the foot pedal does not work smoothly, when controlled via a Midi CC.

But I agree that $99 is a lot for the quite minor updates we get.

Return to “Arturia”