Limited-MAX and Limited-Z updates and sale

Official support for: lvcaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Both Limited-MAXand Limited-Z have been updated to versions 1.1.0. I will keep this brief, and focus on what it important.

1. Limited-Z gets a new limiter mode: Vintage Bus. This features very different timing and internal settings compared to the other modes, and can be useful as "glue" for buses. This new mode works for both free and paid versions of Limited-Z.

2. For paid users, both plugins get updated oversampling modes. First, all oversampling has been optimized. Second, both plugins have a new Minimum phase oversampling mode (for all those against linear phase). Finally, Limited-MAX gets 16x rate for Linear, Minimum, and Zero phase oversampling modes.

3. Both plugins are on sale until August 15th. Limited-MAX is only $34.95, and Limited-Z is $19.95.

There are other changes and enhancements, but those are the big ones.

I have Limited-MAX - rocks! Just bought HotPhuzz recently.

On a side note, you should donate Limited-MAX to this guy, so they can run it through their testing:
https://www.saintpid.se/en/isp-true-peak-limiters-test/

At the moment they have Limited-Z in the test lineup, with the worst score! I know LVC deserves a better chance with Limited-MAX (better oversampling, ISP detection).

So I noticed if I load Limited-Z 2.0.0 into the latest versions of FL Studio or Reaper,
the plugin appears to continuously increase the DAW's Ram usages roughly by 1 mb
every couple seconds. It does this even with no other plugins loaded and no audio playing.

Is this by design? Sure seems like a memory leak.

Win 8.1 64, latest 64 bit build of limited - z...

-Cheers

*sry didn't notice this was an old thread...

Hey, good catch.
I have been debugging and found 2 small leaks that are probably the cause. I will do more testing, but should have another build uploaded to the website soon.

random_id wrote:Hey, good catch.
I have been debugging and found 2 small leaks that are probably the cause. I will do more testing, but should have another build uploaded to the website soon.
Excellent, thanks!

Did I read somewhere Limited-Z is free for Limited-MAX licence owners?
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Any status on that update to Limited-Z to fix the memory leak? I've been watching
for a new version.

Thanks...

I have noticed that my "CPU meter" in FL Studio 20 measures a 500% higher usage of Limited Z V2.0 vs. V1.1, also the latency is a lot higher for V2.0 than V1.1, all using the same settings - does that have a specific reason, e.g. an engine change from WDL-OL to JUCE?

I can confirm btw. that the new rendering does not affect the issue (I had two plugins through the years that produced issues due to their rendering engine) - it doesn't matter if the plugin is shown or not, and if it's shown and I use the bypass option, the "CPU meter" falls back down to "normal".

Are you using the VST format, and what oversampling settings do you have set when you see the CPU spike?

random_id wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:35 pm Are you using the VST format, and what oversampling settings do you have set when you see the CPU spike?
Thanks for the very swift reply - I tried both VST2 and VST3, doesn't make any difference, both have the same issue. At the moment I can't change the OS setting since Limited-Z runs in free version mode. Although the free version is enough for me, I was about to get the full version (I love Clipshifter and have already got Pressed-T) to support your work when I've seen that you have released V2. So I decided to give it a test run before buying.

Could it be that in V2.0 there is some automatic OS?

Return to “LVC-Audio”