The future of ClipShifter

Official support for: lvcaudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have been thinking about the future of ClipShifter. I have some great ideas that should lead to ClipShifter 3 sometime this summer.

The issue I am having is with the interface. Right now, I have 4 different clipping modules in my head (clipshifter, m/s clip, multiband clip, master clip), plus an ISP/Dither module at the end. When I start to think about the interface for the plugin, it makes me wonder if it makes more sense to be within T-Chain.

If each of these modules were within T-Chain, they could be reordered very easily. They could also be combined with all of the other T-Chain effects. The benefit to T-Chain would be more modules to use, including an ISP/Dither module and master clip module that could possibly lead to more "mastering-related" modules.

However, is that too much? Would it make more sense to make a M-Chain plugin (i.e., mastering chain) that includes clipping, limiting, etc. Should some of the modules within T-Chain work in M-Chain?

These are my thoughts. I know, very circular. Any opinions?

I like your ideas about the clipshifter and yes, it would be a great idea to include it as modules in T-chain :love:
I have put off buying the Clipshifter because of the T-chain, which I like a lot. I have already bought some of the great modules available and plan to buy more along the way. Future Clipshifter modules would be extremely interesting to me and the ISP idea is very welcome :)
But please let there only be ONE chain-plugin, with a lot of great modules available, whether it is for individual tracks, busses or mastering purposes. I as a user like total creative freedom, even if means to mix modules made primarily for individual tracks with modules primarily made for mastering within the same chain-plugin in the order of my creative choice. That is just my opinion and maybe others will disagree. Just wanted to let you know my perspective :wink:
Keep up the good work. Will be looking forward to what you decide to do :tu:

So, keep everything in T-Chain. I think that makes sense.

I just hope there aren't users that would be put off by having clipshifter within T-Chain.

I'm a ClipShifter user, but not T-chain user. Would there be an upgrade path or something? I own many LVC-audio plugins - is there an upgrade path that I don't know of? :)

Also not a t-Chain user. So yeah i'd prefer to use clipshifter as it is now, without the need to open up t-Chain.

crimsonmerry wrote:Also not a t-Chain user. So yeah i'd prefer to use clipshifter as it is now, without the need to open up t-Chain.
+1

Melda has its XXX "chain" plugin. When you purchase a standalone plugin you get also a licence for the companion XXX module.

Perhaps you can do something like that. Each buyer of ClipShifter 3 will get licences for the T-chain modules (or module if it will only be one). Though I wonder why I would want to use more than one ClipShifter at one.

Masi

masitito wrote: Perhaps you can do something like that. Each buyer of ClipShifter 3 will get licences for the T-chain modules (or module if it will only be one). Though I wonder why I would want to use more than one ClipShifter at one.
Right now, I am finishing up another T-Chain related plugin (called TCS for T-Chain Singles). It will be included within the next T-Chain release (free, of course). It loads one module at a time. It is a single plugin, but you can load any module in it. Although you can only use one module, oversampling is also included (if you have the license for the oversampling module).

The main issue I am trying to figure out is that my idea for the next ClipShifter includes the standard ClipShifter function, a mid/side clipper, a multiband clipper, a new master clipper, and a ISP/Dither function. Obviously, the ISP/Dither and master clipper would be at the end of the processing chain, but it might be nice to reorder the other modules. That is why the idea of putting them within T-Chain is so appealing. I would just make them all separate modules, and they could be mixed and reordered any which way.

I do understand that someone that doesn't use T-Chain might just want to keep everything within a separate ClipShifter plugin (although T-Chain is really cool, and includes a lot of free things, but that is a different story). So I could make them modules within T-Chain, as well as working with TCS. I guess I could also make them separate plugins, as well. What I am trying to avoid is making another GUI that is different, but functions just like the T-Chain framework. I also think it makes sense to include them within T-Chain for people that want to use the plugins that way.

...and by the way, thank you to everyone that has given me feedback. I really appreciate it, and keep it coming.

I also would like to see ClipShifter remain as a standalone plugin outside of the T-Chain interface :)

MogwaiBoy wrote:I also would like to see ClipShifter remain as a standalone plugin outside of the T-Chain interface :)
Me also. I have all the LVC tools except T-Chain and I dont plan anytime soon to get it so I'd prefer the seperate plugins to also be kept up to date and remain separate.

So, keep ClipShifter as something you can run separate from another plugin.

I think I have an idea. I know that T-Chain users will want the option of adding clipping with the other modules, so I think I will need to do both: a separate plugin for ClipShifter, and modules for T-Chain.

random_id wrote:I think I will need to do both: a separate plugin for ClipShifter, and modules for T-Chain.
Best for both worlds :tu:

random_id wrote:So, keep ClipShifter as something you can run separate from another plugin.

I think I have an idea. I know that T-Chain users will want the option of adding clipping with the other modules, so I think I will need to do both: a separate plugin for ClipShifter, and modules for T-Chain.
:party: :hug:

hi, any news on clipshifter 3? cheers

graph wrote:hi, any news on clipshifter 3? cheers
As of now, I am working on a mastering alternative to T-Chain. This would include all of the ClipShifter ideas.

I am working on some needed code improvements. I don't want to release another plugin without adding GUI resizing. I also want to have the option for standard loudness metering. When these issues get resolved, I should be able to get things going for ClipShifter.

Return to “LVC-Audio”