Poll: What should the next T-Chain modules be?

Official support for: lvcaudio.com

What should the next T-Chain modules be?

More EQs
18%
More Compressors
12%
Delays/Chorus effects
2%
Reverb
10%
Clippers
8%
Saturation/Distortion
20%
Lofi bitmagic stuff
14%
More Splitters (freq, m/s, etc.)
14%
Other? (leave suggestion in comments)
4%

Total votes: 51

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just trying to get a sense for what to make next. I have ideas in all categories, but I want to know what would make T-Chain the most useful for you.

I like using it as a drum insert so EQ, compression and saturation are what I would like. For effects like reverb, delay, etc..it would be hard to compete with what I already use in the nice low CPU package that T-chain is. I think it's strength lies in console basic. -thanks :) oh, Lofi sounds nice as well :)

As a user of all your other plugins, this is exciting! I just tried out the demo. I ended up putting all the modules in a cart to see what the total would be: $150 with the holiday discount. I think T-Chain with all the modules is major competitor to Slate VMR and McDSP 6050, of which I own. But the cool thing about T-Chain is that it has those LVC quirks that I like a lot. Now, just to find some budget... we'll see how christmas pans out.

To me the power of T-Chain is in creating a flow of pre-amps and dynamics processors to sculpt tone. so with that I don't think reverbs, delays and the like would be useful. however, if there were a reverb and delay that worked in the context of a larger sculpting chain, that would be cool. in this case they would ideally offer less of a long tail and more tone control - for example short reverbs and delays but with the ability to put them in a feedback chain with other modules.

I'd love t be able to put the existing LVC plugins within the chains in T-Chain. This way I can leverage my existing investment in another form within T-Chain.

I'll make vote...

A simple free HPF... ;-)

Turello wrote:A simple free HPF... ;-)
I have been thinking about porting parts of the other LVC-Audio plugins into T-Chain. The HPF from Toned would work. It is specifically geared for mastering, but I could change the filter range to make it more "track friendly".

Well, thanks (i know and sometimes work with Toned), but i said a simple (free) HPF into the T-Chain let it more usefull because a serious channel strip usually have: Gate + filters, a comp and an EQ (this is my own way, especially with real instruments)... A processor like this without Filters is as a sky without stars...
Obviously i don't wanna influence your choices\business (especially for the free version), just my humble opinion... ;-)

Turello wrote:Well, thanks (i know and sometimes work with Toned), but i said a simple (free) HPF into the T-Chain let it more usefull because a serious channel strip usually have: Gate + filters, a comp and an EQ (this is my own way, especially with real instruments)... A processor like this without Filters is as a sky without stars...
Obviously i don't wanna influence your choices\business (especially for the free version), just my humble opinion... ;-)
So, something like a 2-pole filter sweepable between "off" and 300 Hz?

Nice... 1,2,3 poles, until 400 Hz (to rolloff some aux bus reverb) should be better but btw ok! Very kindly... ^_^
I usually put HPF/LPF filters before comp (to make sure that the comp not always work, especially with the band extremes that eating headroom and to "dry" the individual elements of the mix), after comp i put an eq to give color/character...
Million thanks! :-)

If you're ok with analog emulation,please build un-built plugins.There are lots of vintage or modern analog gear.
http://analogobsession.com/ VST, AU, AAX for WIN & MAC

1) resizebale (or presets for) GUI size
2) smaller modules on the left side
3) mix knob for every plugin (i want to see what dry/wet state ATM)
4) upsample module adds noise @ high settings. and it is CPU hog ))
Made in Ukraine: https://www.andivax.com

Personally I miss 3 simple modules to be able to mix only with this plugin, and not have to add others from different companies.
An hp and lp filter module (like the one in Softube - Focusing Equalizer), but only the hp and lp filters, or in (MeldaProduction MDynamicEq) only hp and lp filters from 6 to 48.
A transient shaper module (attack and sustain only) as the Audio Assault transient.
And a limiter (not a maximizer).
All this modules as simple as possible with the ability to do what is supposed to in a mix, and not consume too much cpu.
Because for me what separates this plugin from the rest is how we can see represented in the graphic above the functions of the equalizer, compressor and gate.similar to the clipshifter (bar that moves according to the limit of transients).
And not a graphical representation like all other plugins have
It is so much faster to make decisions and finalize a mix.
Having this visual help is great,
Because sometimes the ears get tired and we make mistakes that could be avoided.
Reverbs, delays, etc., can stay for later.
And a reduction if possible in the cpu consumption of some modules (preamps).

I would love to see something like the Clipshifter as a future T-Chain module. I have been demoing the T-Chain the last couple of days. I really like what you have done so far :tu:

TL Audio C1 and Ivory 2 eq. Both overdrive so sweetly and i'd love to have them in the digital domain.

Optical compressor, LP/HP, dynamic LP/HP, and Phuzz modules are being tested...

T-Chain version 1.1.0 has just been uploaded at http://lvcaudio.com/plugins/tchain/.

Version 1.1.0 includes a lot of fixes and enhancements. Many are from your comments, so I thank you for your help. There are also 5 new modules. Two are free, and three are paid (all 50%-off right now). They are:

Phuzz - free saturation, based on PhreePhuzz
Digital HLP - free simple low and high pass filter, with selectable q and digital or analog response
Dyno HLP - dynamic high and low pass filter for boosting or cutting
FETPress - a "FET" inspired compressor
OptoPress - as optical compress

The complete changelog is as follows:
  • ADDED: new FETPress compressor module
    ADDED: new OptoPress compressor module
    ADDED: new Dyno HLP dynamic high/low pass module
    ADDED: new free Phuzz saturation module
    ADDED: new free Digital HLP high/low pass module
    ADDED: link on unregistered module setting pages to purchase pages
    ADDED: holding mouse button on routing scroll arrows will continuously scroll
    ADDED: Browser scroll height adjustment in global settings (saved setting to separate XML file)
    FIXED: in gain resetting on certain preamp modules
    FIXED: incorrect latency reporting with oversampling
    FIXED: sticky buttons when clicking "LOAD" or "SAVE" for presets and layout is changed
    FIXED/IMPROVED: some of the graphic images for the modules
    FIXED/IMPROVED: optimized code in analog modeling (throughout many modules) that was causing high CPU, especially with high samplerates or oversampling
    IMPROVED: better clipboard handling with registration
    IMPROVED: more natural control shape of VIBE control on Lithium EQ, and wider saturation range
    IMPROVED: Show Demo Modules setting in global settings is saved to separate XML file
    IMPROVED: In Gain, Mix, and Out Gain in routing window do not jump when adjusting another control and mouse hits control
    IMPROVED: Rotary selector switches handle mouse clicks and drags more naturally
    IMPROVED: Module setting window to handle more settings than registration (i.e., internal settings for FETPress and OptoPress)

Return to “LVC-Audio”