Phreephuzz hotphuzz introducing small latency

Official support for: lvcaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello random_id,

first congratulations on those nice and extremely configurable plugs. :clap:
I saw that they introduce an extra buffer which leads to some latency. E.g. Reaper introduces an extra 128 Samples, which are used by the plugins, depending on oversampling rate sometimes more, sometimes less.
Also with limited-z I saw this behaviour. This is the single reason why I do not use the plugins.
Is it possible to circumvent this?

The latency is due to the oversampling. With PhreePhuzz and Limited-Z, the oversampling is set to 4x. For HotPhuzz, it is changeable between 2x, 4x, 8x, and off. Off should remove any latency.

Most DAWs should compensate for the latency, but sometimes there are problems depending on the plugin format and DAW. Are you using Reaper, or are you using another DAW? Also, do you know what format you are using (e.g., AU, VST, VST3, etc.)?

I am using VST3 64Bit in Reaper. You are right, when I do not touch the oversampling and leave it at off in Hotphuzz there is no latency introduced, otherwise Reaper compensates for it. Thank you.
That is good for a mix and less good for (live) playing, still would be a work around. Any chance to squeeze the oversampling into the "zero" latency corner? I would not care about processor usage, even 8 times oversamling just uses around 3%.

Return to “LVC-Audio”