Limited-MAX and Limited-T released

Official support for: lvcaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Two new plugins have been released: Limited-MAX and Limited-T.

Limited-MAX is a full-featured mastering limiter, and Limited-T is a buss/track limiter. More information can be found at http://lvcaudio.com/news/

Image  Image

Curious why this never even got one reply. Got a ripper review at music tech (4.5 stars out of 5!) saying it gives the expensive ones a real run for their money.

Going to try it now myself after recently being disappointed with the (expensive) new t racks limiter.

This company seems to make some really interesting plugins - the only caveat visually for me at least is that there are a lot of controls here to contend with unlike something like say barricade. But yeah going to try it and spend some time with it soon :)

I have them. I also use brainworx XLV2 and Limiter, FF ProL and iZotope 6 Maximizer. they are all different and so far I consider them to be different enough so as to pick and choose. however I need more time with them. My impressions of the LVC limiters is that I feel they offer more control over the reconstruction process. this makes them harder to use but potentially easier to tailor to the given track. The others are easier to use but with less control. there are times with an easy to use limiter where I want to tweek something to get a different sound, and I can't. but with the LVC there is a lot more control over the limiting process. I find ProL to be a balance between ease of use and quality vs time. however again LVC offers more control. I need more time to work with the LVC limiters to master the parameters and understand how they work with different kinds of music. I think a reasonable strategy would be to buy the LVC's but expect to use your current limiter(s) until you get the hang of the LVC ones. then you will have the control and customization that would be really nice to have in a limiter.

I really appreciate your comments about Limited-MAX and Limited-T. I also understand that there are a lot of different features and settings, that can make it difficult to use at first.

To throw a wrench into the discussion, I want to mention that I have a new limiter set to be released very soon. It is Limited-Z (as in Limited-easy). It features many of the Limited-MAX settings, but in a much easier format. Instead of tweak-able parameters, there are a few different limiter modes that control things like attack, release, lookahead, style, etc. Of course, there are several features missing that are present in Limited-MAX; however, it is very easy to use (IMHO) in comparison to Limited-MAX.

I am also toying with the idea of a free and paid version, similar to ClipShifter. The free version would have several features disabled, but would be very usable. The paid version would add things like oversampling, switchable metering, and ability to fine-tune the limiting algorithm (the x/y control in the screenshot). The paid version would be less expensive than Limited-MAX.

I loved Limited-Z, so I bought MAX. Funny thing is, I tried to quickly recreate the "aggressive" preset from Z on Max and wasn't quite there so I ended up using Z. I love having the additional options, is it possible to have the exact presets from Z on Max though, so we can just add oversampling, etc. if we want but otherwise have it the same? Great work!

I can hear after some comparison that it is probably similar to the "aggressor" preset, is that right?

Love the dynamic eq on MAX, by the way!

Yeah, I was thinking about making them more compatible. I was also thinking about recreating all of the Limiter Modes of Limited-Z as presets in Limited-MAX.

In the meantime, this should do the trick. Copy this into your clipboard

Code: Select all

Limited-MAX_MakePresetFromNamedParams("preset",32, kTrim, 0.000000, kAmount, 0.000000, kOutGain, 0.000000, kStyle, 75.000000, kAttack, 25.000000, kRelease, 40.000000, kChannelLink, 45.000000, kLookahead, 6.500000, kMargin, -0.500000, kLimitTransBlend, 60.0, kClipSatBlend, 81.0, kMeterType, 0, kMeterIN, 0, kDTC, true, kDLC, true, kBassTilt, 15.000000, kHighTilt, 12.000000, kBassTiltFreq, 70.000000, kHighTiltFreq, 9500.000000, kDitherBitDepth, 0, kDitherType, 0, kDitherShape, 0.000000, kAutoGain, false, kFadeHorzHx, 5.000000, kMeterScale, -12.000000, kDCBlock, 1, kSatComplex, true, kMSMode, false, kOversample, 0, kMSAdjust, 0.000000, kPreCompMode, 2, kispSquash, false);
Then click on the "P" button on the bottom-left corner of Limited-MAX. Select "Load Setting from Clipboard". Those are the exact settings of the aggressive mode of Limited-Z. You can then add oversampling, dither, ISP squash, etc.

I like the special character of Pressed-T and the features with various settings, but still overseeable.

BUT way too heavy on CPU-usage, especially 12x and also 8x oversampling !
Lack of a sidechain function.
Too little presets to get some more ideas how to use the plugin,
e.g. presets for different instruments and instrument groups
e-guitar
acoustic-guitar
snare
kick
voice etc.

I hope an update will bring some of my mentioned things, I am sure then it would be
a great plugin for a lot more people, now Pressed-T compressor strains CPU a lot and hence is not very attractive for many a man, only for those with a superb processor !

Daw: Reaper Cockos Win 7 64 bit 8 GB Ram

Return to “LVC-Audio”