LVC-Audio Updates Everything

Official support for: lvcaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ClipShifter, HotPhuzz, PhreePhuzz, PreAMPed, Toned, TonedPLUS, and Transector have all been updated and can be downloaded at LVC-Audio. The new versions include many common changes. Additionally, there are specific changes to the following plugins:
  • TonedPLUS*:
    -new 2x drive control for more saturation
    -new auto gain control to automatically adjust the output gain level
    -new wide range two-band parametric EQ - this is a lot of knobs, but they are worth it!
  • Toned: Increased the Drive control to +18 dB for a little more grit
  • Transector: finally, support for AAX and RTAS on OSX
  • PreAMPed: new frequency-variable noise algorithm as used on TonedPLUS
The common features for all of the plugins include:
  • improved HQ oversampling
  • update for compatibility with Pro Tools 11.2 (AAX)
  • text entry fix for controls with negative-only values (e.g., typing "5" will automatically be recognized as -5)
  • improve meter reset when clicking on the VU Text readout (on most plugins)
  • standardized meter ballistics across all plugins
  • signed OSX installers
  • fixed unnecessary fast fade-in when playback was stopped and started
  • revised preset loading and saving function to "future-proof" loading older presets in new version of plugin
*For anyone interested in TonedPLUS, please note that the introductory price will end at the end of September.

Thank you for your support, and please continue to use the Contact page or this forum for any questions, problems, or suggestions.

Many thanks but I don't find the where they are located ? I dare not take in demo versions .
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7., D.P. 11.3 & Kontakt 7.9 _ Gibson ES 295 & Explorer _ FilterBank2 Sherman & PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Altiverb 8_ Explorer Loïc Le Pape
https://loiclepapesteelguitars.com/

geronimo wrote:Many thanks but I don't find the where they are located ? I dare not take in demo versions .
No worries. If you have already purchased any of the plugins, the plugin's registration file will unlock the demo versions. Just download and install, and everything should work.

If you run into any issues with registration, just let me know.

A few questions:

1. I uninstalled my previous version of clipshifter and installed the latest version. It mentions 2.2 but how do I know it's 2.2.4 or 2.2.5?

2. How is the plugin registered? In the past we had to copy a txt in the same folder as the dll but now I uninstalled the older version (deleting the txt file) and re-installed. No registration was needed. Is something written in the windows registry? Is future registration still the same?

Cheers

EDIT: Very strange, I renamed the clipshifter.dll to something else but Reaper still finds clipshifter vst, although my windows search can't find any clipshifter.dll in my hard drive...

That is why I need to spend some time and make an official "About" box :dog:

Any easy way to tell if the version is 2.2.5 is to click on the VU output text. If the meters (peak, RMS, vus) reset instantaneously, then it is the current version. If it is not, only the text will reset and nothing else. I joke about the "About" box, but I know this is a real reason for why it is needed. It is on the enhancement list.

As for registration, it used to be that the registration file needed to be in the same location as the plugin file (e.g., .dll for VST on Windows, .component for AU, etc.). It was changed a few versions ago to also look in a central location for the registration file. If you have purchased any LVC plugins within the last few months, the directions (included within the email) include a way to click on the plugin, select the registration file, and then the plugin will copy the file to the correct location. This was done so that you didn't need to copy the registration file manually to a bunch of folders.

On Windows, the location is C:/Users/[username]/AppData/Roaming/LVC-Audio
On OSX, the location is [username]/Music/LVC-Audio

That being said, it is backward compatible, so the plugin will look within the binary's folder for the registration file, as well as the central location. Going forward, things will probably stay the same since Apple is pretty picky about where and what file a plugin can read. The Music folder is an allowable folder, so that is the reason for OSX. On Windows, I think it also is a good place since many other programs use the AppData folder for information.

Ok, that's clear, thanks!!

Hi, I've really enjoyed the freeware Toned and Clipshifter, but one problem has kept me away from dropping $$ on your other offerings- in REAPER, when a saved project containing either/both plugin(s) is reloaded, the track (or master buss) with the plugin(s) is silent until the plugin's GUI window is open and clicked on. Has anyone else reported this issue or one similar to it? Win 7 x64 if it helps.
Music can no longer soothe the worried thoughts of monarchs; it can only tell you when it's time to buy margarine or copulate. -xoxos
Discontinue use if rash or irritation develops.

That is certainly a problem. I haven't had anyone report that yet, but I will certainly look at it.

I am in the final process of updating all of the plugins again, so I should be able to get a fix soon.

I assume you are using VST plugins (not VST3) and you are using the latest Reaper (5.0.1, I think).

For those T-chain modules based on the 'older' plugins but with detailed modelling, do you plan on upgrading the plugins they are based on with these newer modelling enhancements?

Eg Black and Blue are based on PreAMPed but have more detailed modelling, will we ever see PreAMPed upgraded to include these enhancements?
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:For those T-chain modules based on the 'older' plugins but with detailed modelling, do you plan on upgrading the plugins they are based on with these newer modelling enhancements?

Eg Black and Blue are based on PreAMPed but have more detailed modelling, will we ever see PreAMPed upgraded to include these enhancements?
That is a really good question.

I have been thinking about making standalone versions of the modules in T-Chain. Basically, the module and the visual spectrum/waveform display. If you have the module purchased in T-Chain, you can use it as a standalone version. Also, if you have paid for the oversampling module, you can have the same oversampling options for any module...

but I haven't thought about just updating PreAMPed...I'll have to think about that for a bit.

It seems to make sense to me as PreAMPed has more options and parameters, the extra modelling would make it a stand out plugin ahead of other similar products

Could easily be a paid upgrade :)

VariKusBrainZ wrote:It seems to make sense to me as PreAMPed has more options and parameters, the extra modelling would make it a stand out plugin ahead of other similar products

Could easily be a paid upgrade :)
I see what you are saying. In my mind, it would be cool to have it be like a "preamp construction set". You could choose between 3 or 4 different high pass filters (because they are all a little different in T-Chain), select a presence filter, EQ type, and amp.

The one thing that I would want to be careful with is the paid aspect of it. I wouldn't want people that bought T-Chain modules to feel that the plugin is just a rehash that they have to pay for. The same thing goes for current PreAMPed users. I guess I could give current users of each a discount?

I totally agree about PreAMPed being a construction set. It should be the Daddy of all your pre amp line, like a plus plus extended version for 'experienced' tweakers.

The T chain modules are like 'easy tweak' versions.

Return to “LVC-Audio”