Poll: What should the next T-Chain modules be?

Official support for: lvcaudio.com

What should the next T-Chain modules be?

More EQs
18%
More Compressors
12%
Delays/Chorus effects
2%
Reverb
10%
Clippers
8%
Saturation/Distortion
20%
Lofi bitmagic stuff
14%
More Splitters (freq, m/s, etc.)
14%
Other? (leave suggestion in comments)
4%

Total votes: 51

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I might be asking for too much here.
A group link function for TCS, for the likes of the preamps and phuzz modules. TCS GUI size options, and maybe a grouping option.
Like a mix of Waves NLS, Airwindows channel and Hornet VU Meter.
Last edited by The Noodlist on Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently trying to turn noise into music. :neutral: Is boutique the new old?

Analog Tape Emulator.
670 Comp.

+1 for Tape.

another 1-2 character compressors (bus comp + vari mu for example)

Automatic Gain Compensation on the pre amps, maybe. Just tried another demo of OMPre, fantastic plugin.

Bus comp.

I'm considering the Oversampler module for TCS, but it seems CPU intensive per instance compared to similar features in other plugins. Would they be any chance of improvements in efficiency?

Well actually, yes.
I preparation for Clipped-MAX's release, I am revising the oversampling to be more efficient and extend to at least 128x. I can't say when T-Chain will get the fix, but I hope to have it ready this summer.

random_id wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:04 pm Well actually, yes.
I preparation for Clipped-MAX's release, I am revising the oversampling to be more efficient and extend to at least 128x. I can't say when T-Chain will get the fix, but I hope to have it ready this summer.
All good, looking forward to it. Thanks.

Just want to say these modules are incredible. Just bought FETPress (Holy shhh....) and Lithium EQ (wow, nice - Plugindoctor gives thumbs up for low aliasing) to add to my Tube Pre and Up Sample. I think Black Pre will be next :) The T-Chain "Single" was a great idea by the way.

First wish is to have the GUI resizable - it's tiny! Would be nice if it felt more like you are dragging/slotting modules in - like a more tactile, modular feel to the interface.

Also the bright oranges and reds on a dark background are a bit garish (I know orange on black is part of your brand identity, sorry) and the light reflections on the input/output and slider panels are a bit cheese. Would be great to have something flatter, more modern and minimalist. For example the newer Audio Damage interfaces (Eos 2 / Enso, etc) are really uncluttered and easy on the eye for lengthy periods - instantly informative, slick but in an understated, non-flashy way. "Designy" I guess you could say. With T-Chain everything is crammed in and you feel like you're using a plugin from 2002...

Sorry for my criticisms. You make excellent plugins and I''ve been happy to support you for awhile now. Thank you for the sale, thank you for donating to good causes and thanks for the awesome plugins!

A couple more things...

When you then drag and drop 'Up Sample' onto the interface, it should automatically put the Up at the beginning of the chain and Down at the end - since this is highly likely the user's intention? If not then it'd be a nice option in Global Settings anyway.

Also: Different ways to sort the module list. I'd like to see my paid-for modules at the top so they are easy to grab, rather than trawling through the Demo versions to find them alphabetically (but perhaps let the user decide with a Global Setting for "sort by: Purchased / Type / Alphabetical" etc).

Now... here's a sneaky idea. How cool would this be...

I guess this leans more toward the plugin host/bridging type thing (like DDMF's Metaplugin) which could get out of hand in terms of complexity and bugsquashing, but it'd sell like mad. People will be like, finally, Plugin Alliance plugins without aliasing :D

You've got me excited about this T-Chain and you have a good foundation to build on this thing. Just hammered the Opto compressor with a 4/4 techno mix and it's marvelous.

Some good points posted above.

I am still struggling with the future direction of T-Chained. The modules are good (IMHO), but I don't know if the format of an "all-in-one" plugin is something I should continue. Does it make more sense to have individual plugins, or combination of plugins (e.g., a vintage compressor plugin that has both the OptoPress and FETPress guts)? Of course, free upgrades. This is what I have been contemplating lately. What do you think?

Your instincts are telling you something and I want to support you in this line of thought. I really do feel like these modules aren't getting the attention they deserve and probably the main reason for that is because they are sort of hiding inside this overall T-Chain package. If you can't sell people into the concept of T-Chain, they'll never discover these amazing modules inside it.

Through my testing it is evidently clear to me that each module is good enough to stand on its own as an individual plugin - you should have zero doubts about that.

Un-"chain" and set those comps free! Oh gawd did I just pun :dog:

I don't think you'd even need to have Opto and FET in the same plugin GUI - they have different vibes and uses. Just keep the costs reasonable and Yes Please to upgrades for existing owners :)

By the way I think the GUIs of the modules themselves are fine. The pseudo-hardware look is fine and there's easy access to everything. Would love to see those meters bouncing on a bigger GUI.

Yes, I guess releasing the modules as individual plugins would make sense. Maybe start with one and then see how it goes.

The T-Chain idea is not bad, but I guess it's easier to sell individual plugins, than additional modules for a chainer plugin.

I guess what keeps some people away from getting into T-Chain is that they think: "hmm, to make proper use of this I would have to buy all these individual modules additionally". So it feels like they are not getting a full product, even though there are free modules and the paid ones aren't expensive.

The use of a chainer plugin might a) deviate too much from the workflows people are used to or b) they already have another dedicated chainer / patchbay type of plugin that is more flexible, since it can be used with any plugin (think PatchWork and Metaplugin for example), and don't need another one in their setup.

There might be good market potential if you released them as individual plugins and keep the affordable pricing scheme.

andivax wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:16 pm 1) resizebale (or presets for) GUI size
2) smaller modules on the left side
3) mix knob for every plugin (i want to see what dry/wet state ATM)
4) upsample module adds noise @ high settings. and it is CPU hog ))
Adjustable GUI size and improved oversampling. The ability to hide the T-Chain module you don't use or own.
A T-Chain bus compressor and tape module. Might have to try PreAMPed. And another crazy sale......

Return to “LVC-Audio”