DAW Essentials- worth it? WWYD?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been auditioning Waveform 10 Pro, and have about 3 days left. The cost of the Basic WF is about $119, Then I noticed that Standard, for about $140 more has DAW Essentials.

Because I've spent so much time on fixing hardware/VST issues, I didn't even realize it was there, and really haven't used it much.

I won't have much time to test Essentials, as my trial period runs out in 2 days.

Any users of Essentials? What's your opinion (and I understand it's an opinion)?

I do make use of reverb, delay, compression, and limiter, and other native fx that earlier forms of Tracktion has(I've been using Tracktion since about the T4 edition).

I'm still a noob when it comes to mixing/mastering, etc. I was satisfied in using the native fx plugins on my guitar, but I'm just beginning to get into Orchestral compositions- I have Sonivox Orchestral Companion, and each instrument has some fx specific to the instrument, meaning, I can't apply an fx globally (as far as I know; it took me the past week to install and get this bundle working, and the GUI is either 1" square, or 1' foot square).

Anyway, what would you do? Essential worth it for what I'd say are pretty basic needs? Anyone blown away by it? Anyone think it's just a meh program? Anyone use a different program to good effect?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Waveform11 is due to be out really really soon , I'd wait it out a little longer . They might do a purchase Waveform10 bundle and get Waveform11 free Sale . That's usually what companies do when they announce a newer version of there software .

Yeah , you get DAW essentials , Biotek 2 , and some extra drumloops I think .... so that's like a synth for $70 and effects bundle for $70... If say demo Biotek2 and DAW essentials and see if you think it is worth it to you ? But like I said I'd wait to purchase or contact the Devs about being able to get the grace period and free upgrade to Waveform11 that's due out soon. The thing about Biotek 2 and DAW essentials plugins is that you can use it in any DAW software not just Waveform . You could also go the free route and get some free plugins and loops , check out bedroomproducerblog he's got alot of freebies and cheap stuff on his site that's great for beginners .. Maybe they can reset your demo and let you demo it longer ?

fedexnman wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:57 pm Waveform11 is due to be out really really soon , I'd wait it out a little longer . They might do a purchase Waveform10 bundle and get Waveform11 free Sale . That's usually what companies do when they announce a newer version of there software .
You're right. This is from just 2 days ago. They'll be giving WF 8 away free when that happens. https://www.gearnews.com/namm-2020-trac ... -biotek-2/

fedexnman wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:24 am Yeah , you get DAW essentials , Biotek 2 , and some extra drumloops I think .... so that's like a synth for $70 and effects bundle for $70... If say demo Biotek2 and DAW essentials and see if you think it is worth it to you ? But like I said I'd wait to purchase or contact the Devs about being able to get the grace period and free upgrade to Waveform11 that's due out soon. The thing about Biotek 2 and DAW essentials plugins is that you can use it in any DAW software not just Waveform . You could also go the free route and get some free plugins and loops , check out bedroomproducerblog he's got alot of freebies and cheap stuff on his site that's great for beginners .. Maybe they can reset your demo and let you demo it longer ?
I literally have 2 days left on my demo trial. I did mess a bit with the synths a bit, and can't say I was that impressed. It was the effects part that got me kinda interested.

I have loads of plugins, and I'm tired of all of them cluttering up my plugin menu, and I figured Essentials would integrate well with Waveform. Rarely use any other DAWs anymore, so Essentials working with everything is a non-issue for me.

Thanks for mentioning bedroomproducerblog. Looks like a lot of good stuff in there.

I think I've made up my mind. I'll get WF basic. Sooner or later, they'll offer a discount to WF 11, and I'm sure they still have some bugs to work out on it. 10 is way more stable than T7 for me, and what really sold me was the virtual mixer.

Thanks for you input, and thanks too to @fedexman.

I wish midi controller manufacturers would cater to Tracktion a bit more. I just got an Arturia Keylab 49 with pads, transport controls, and mixing knobs and sliders. The pads and transport controls mostly work, but not the sliders, which I'd prefer. I just got it, and I may be able to map it to Waveform, but I don't think so. A big upside was getting Analog 4 software. That alone is worth more than the midi keyboard. It would integrate perfectly with Ableton, but I hate that DAW. I really like the workflow of Tracktion.

GuitarPlayerinNYC wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:08 am
fedexnman wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:57 pm Waveform11 is due to be out really really soon , I'd wait it out a little longer . They might do a purchase Waveform10 bundle and get Waveform11 free Sale . That's usually what companies do when they announce a newer version of there software .
You're right. This is from just 2 days ago. They'll be giving WF 8 away free when that happens. https://www.gearnews.com/namm-2020-trac ... -biotek-2/
They're wrong - it's definitely NOT going to be Waveform 8 that will become free, it'll be a version of Waveform 11, but without some features. They're just assuming that since Tracktion 7 is the latest free version then Waveform 8 will be the next free version. Not so.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

I caught DAW Essentials on a sale weekend, and can safely say I use them more than the stock plugins.The Equaliser and Reverber8 alone were worth it. If you're not willing to pay full price, wait for a sale.
Win11 (64-bit) | 2.6GHz Intel i7 9th Gen, 16GB RAM | UAD Volt 2 | Tracktion Waveform 13 Pro/Cockos Reaper 7/Ableton Live 11 Standard/Presonus Studio One 6.6 Pro | A multitude of paid-for and free VST plugs/samples

cjayconrod wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:23 pm I caught DAW Essentials on a sale weekend, and can safely say I use them more than the stock plugins.The Equaliser and Reverber8 alone were worth it. If you're not willing to pay full price, wait for a sale.
Good to know. I'll get the Basic edition, and use what I have in the meantime, and I'm going to write support to ask if I buy WF10 now, if I can get WF 11 free. Worth a shot. WF 10 is a huge leap from T7. For me, anyway.

Return to “Tracktion”