Will Waveform 11 be a free upgrade for users who bought W10 recently?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I purchased Waveform 10 a month back in December 2019. I see today that W11 is going to be released soon. So will it be a free upgrade or will I have to pay the upgrade pricing?

Can't wait for W11, looks AMAZING! :hyper:

It doesn't matter when you bought the W10 I think. You gotta buy the upgrade. T might offer a time limited beta, letting users hunt the inevitable bugs.

harvon wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:28 pm It doesn't matter when you bought the W10 I think. You gotta buy the upgrade. T might offer a time limited beta, letting users hunt the inevitable bugs.
Erm, I think it might matter when I bought it. I've contacted support. Let's see!
But AFAIK, you don't even own a paid version of Waveform.

There have been allowances made in the past. You might be able to find them on the forum somewhere.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

exponent1 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:30 pm But AFAIK, you don't even own a paid version of Waveform.
Right! W10 free + complementary other software is sufficient. The full W11 doesn't raise much interest except some mild curiosity.

harvon wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:29 pm
exponent1 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:30 pm But AFAIK, you don't even own a paid version of Waveform.
Right! W10 free + complementary other software is sufficient. The full W11 doesn't raise much interest except some mild curiosity.
Right! Sufficient so much so that you post responses without actual knowledge on the topic. I am yet to hear any of your music, although you post and critique stuff as if you're a seasoned pro :hihi: Curiosity killed the cat perhaps?

Last year, I purchase W9 on December 31. I asked support if I could get free upgrade to W10 when it came out, but they said no.

My upgrade to w10 was a steal. no complaints here. the only reason I may wait to update to w11 is because Im still learning the new stuff in w10

spray14 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:34 am My upgrade to w10 was a steal. no complaints here. the only reason I may wait to update to w11 is because Im still learning the new stuff in w10
When did you upgrade?

spray14 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:34 am My upgrade to w10 was a steal. no complaints here. the only reason I may wait to update to w11 is because Im still learning the new stuff in w10
I'm guessing you mean the $34.5 upgrade to W10 on Black Friday?

My guess is there'll be a discounted upgrade price, like they currently have with W10. I never had a paid version of Waveform, but I think the $119 for the basic program is a good deal. I like the workflow far better than the many other DAWs I've tried. I'll be buying a licence by tomorrow, when my trial ends. It's more stable than T7, and I like the mixer, and the other little bells and whistles.

exponent1 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:30 pm
harvon wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:28 pm It doesn't matter when you bought the W10 I think. You gotta buy the upgrade. T might offer a time limited beta, letting users hunt the inevitable bugs.
Erm, I think it might matter when I bought it. I've contacted support. Let's see!
If you didn't want responses why did you ask the question here? The upgrade price is only like $65-$70.. I believe he's right. It's a paid upgrade regardless of when you buy it. I could be wrong though.

Jmorrisey79 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:35 am
exponent1 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:30 pm
If you didn't want responses why did you ask the question here? The upgrade price is only like $65-$70.. I believe he's right. It's a paid upgrade regardless of when you buy it. I could be wrong though.
It's not a paid upgrade if you bought W10 during Jan end or later this year. If you bought it earlier than that, it's a paid upgrade. FYI, I upgraded the day the pre-release offer came up.

Did you create this account just to respond to this message? :hihi:

Return to “Tracktion”