Backup drum sampler preset/configuration

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi All,

So I'm almost finished setting up drum sampler with some round robin samples with 16 velocity layers. How do I back this up so I don't have to do this again if I use another computer?

Thanks.
d.

save it
Orion, Bitwig, Tracktion, Mixbus :party: :tu: :clap:
Win 10, intel i7, ram 20 steinberg UR22mkII :wink:

Well, that would be step 1. Did that already.

The question is how do I move it to another computer and preserve the configuration along with the samples? I doubt the preset includes the samples. So does Drum Sampler make a copy of the samples and put them somewhere or are they simply referenced from the original source? What if I move to a different OS with a different file system? I'm really hoping it can be packaged up and exported somehow. I don't want to have to go through the process of setting it up again. It was a bit time consuming.

Thanks.
d.

So it seems that the preset does store the samples. Found this in another thread.
viewtopic.php?t=527365

d.

If you're on Windows (I'm on Win10) the presets are stored here (at least on my PC):

C:\Users\clh\AppData\Roaming\Tracktion\Waveform\Presets

where 'clh' is my user account on Win10. Yours should be named whatever your account is called ;-)

It should't be any problem copying the relevant presets to a USB drive or a HDD :D

Return to “Tracktion”