Track Effects in 10.4.2 not working

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I can definitely say they worked at some point before in a previous revision of T10 (I've never really used them), but now they don't. For example, I put an LFO on a track with just a softsynth and assign it to the cutoff, and... nothing happens.

:(

I can use an LFO on my iPhone routed into T10, but not the ones built in.

Works for me if I drag a plugin like Massive to a track, drag a Modifier on to the plugin and choose one of Massive's macro parameters from the list. Open Massive UI and the macro parameter is oscillating..

I'm not quite sure what you mean by an LFO on your iPhone routed to W10?

dRowAudio wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:05 pm Works for me if I drag a plugin like Massive to a track, drag a Modifier on to the plugin and choose one of Massive's macro parameters from the list. Open Massive UI and the macro parameter is oscillating..

I'm not quite sure what you mean by an LFO on your iPhone routed to W10?
I drag the LFO to Massive X, choose cutoff (or anything else, but that's audibly noticeable if it works or not), and nothing modulates.

iPhone = external LFO source is all, in this example. In other words, MIDI routing etc. works just fine. But for some reason, the internal LFO doesn't work for me. I tried it with multiple soft synths, dragging the LFO onto the synth, as you described.

Have you got "Options" -> "Run audio engine when stopped" disabled for some reason?

works fine for me here on Windows 10.

dRowAudio wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:03 am Have you got "Options" -> "Run audio engine when stopped" disabled for some reason?
Unfortunately, it's enabled. If it's working fine for other people, then I'll consider myself "special" (again) and will submit a ticket rather than troubleshoot in a forum :)

That's thoughtful, vito.
You are special.
More so, if you would come back after sorting it out on a ticket and let the answer be known here.
Then mark it (solved)
Perhaps another user would prosper from the knowledge you gain.

Happy New You
Hoozda Band

Have you turned off play automation down near the play button in the bottom right of the gui? The Green A button over to the left of the play/stop button? I'm not sure whether that toggles the LFOs on/off or not, but it may do

Quite curious about the chat about routing midi to your iPhone. What's going on there? Have you got it connected as a USB device, and you're using it as an output or something? Or something else? I can't think how that would work, sounds interesting
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

Yes in Tracktion Waveform v10.3.6 not working multi vsti - I can not select output in MT-PowerDrumKit and others multi vsti
Orion, Bitwig, Tracktion, Mixbus :party: :tu: :clap:
Win 10, intel i7, ram 20 steinberg UR22mkII :wink:

I'll admit I got busy and forgot this thread. Oops.

Toggling the play automation button on or off doesn't make a difference. I tried even an LFO on the Waveform volume plugin, and that doesn't work, either.

iPhone: I have a lightning cable plugged into a USB port, and then I use midimux + AUM + effect(s). I create virtual instruments in midmux and ensure the miximux server is enabled (i have studiomux, which came with midimux, only studiomux sux) - start up Waveform/scan for MIDI changes and the virtual instruments show up. I then output my Keystep in Waveform to, say, Virt1, then in AUM I route Virt1 into SepPolyArp or QuantiChord or midiLFOs etc. and then from there out again to Virt1. I then have a seaprate track with an instrument (or out to my hardware) and use Virt1 as the input for the track.

imstre wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:26 am Yes in Tracktion Waveform v10.3.6 not working multi vsti - I can not select output in MT-PowerDrumKit and others multi vsti
This works fine for me (10.4.4). Are you sure that you are setting different output channels in the MT drums mixer? Then wrap the plugin in a Rack and copy across several tracks (one for each output channel). Then wire up the outputs.

There's a video here,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwZd_XlQ-Dk
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'

operandx wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:15 pm This works fine for me (10.4.4)...
Off-topic: Where did you find 10.4.4 ? The latest version I see is the 10.4.2?

exponent1 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:20 pm
Typo sorry.
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'

operandx wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:38 pm
exponent1 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:20 pm
Typo sorry.
:clap: Thank! Work good!
Orion, Bitwig, Tracktion, Mixbus :party: :tu: :clap:
Win 10, intel i7, ram 20 steinberg UR22mkII :wink:

I basically just decided to wait until the v11 beta to see if that fixes the issue. The track effects would be nice to have, but I've actually never used them. Yet. But wanted to experiment.

Not TOO much longer until the beta.

Return to “Tracktion”