VST Plugin latency check in Tracktion? (Beginner Question)

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all, I'm a beginner to music recording. I have collected many free VST plugins to experiment on, and as I understand it they all have different operating latencies and thus some low-latency ones are more suitable for tracking & others more suitable for mastering.

However, it's difficult to look-up or memorize the documented latency of every single plugin, is there a way to check this in Tracktion T7 or another general/easy way to check this? (Please don't say "use your ears")

Thanks beforehand everyone!

Finally found it. Just had to click on the CPU icon at the top right for all plugin CPU usage & latency.
Took awhile to find the info, never thought to click the CPU meter. Also learned that not all plugins report their actual latency, so will keep exploring this.

If you are talking about they show 0 ms latency, it's OK. It means, the plugin doesn't introduce any additional latency to your overal latency set in your soundcard preferences. The latency you see in that dialog is an additional latency caused by some plugins which need to analyze a larger bunch of samples before they act. Lookahead limiters, some, compressors, autotune, granular synths/effects are a good example.
Waveform 12 Pro, Cubase Pro 13, Windows 11, i7-13700H

Return to “Tracktion”