Cross platform project sharing?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I currently use T6 on Windows. My sister lives cross country from me and is a studio vocalist in Indianapolis, but has been getting gigs in Nashville for video game sound tracks and wants to enter the voiceover and jingle world. She has a Mac book pro.

If I upgrade to T7 and get her to install T7 on her MacBook Pro, can I make project files on my windows T7, that she would record into, send them back to me and I edit them in my Windows machine T7 installation?

I’m pretty sure it’s not a problem in Tracktion (and most DAWs) - seem to remember seeing that confirmed somewhere.

The files should be transportable - but what content? Will this be MIDI, pure audio, or mixed tracks? You will have to make sure you have all the same .VST's in use for MIDI instruments or reverb/eq/etc.
Waveform 11; Win10 desktop/8 Gig; Win8 Laptop 4Gig; MPK261; VFX+disfunctional ESQ-1

This will be audio only and I intend to use only Tracktions plugins

Should work, then.

Be aware that multi-track audio projects could be large. Not sure if the "archive project" might be the easiest way of getting complete projects (with all settings), plus reasonable compression, back and forth...
Waveform 11; Win10 desktop/8 Gig; Win8 Laptop 4Gig; MPK261; VFX+disfunctional ESQ-1

Peter Widdicombe wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:06 pm Should work, then.

Be aware that multi-track audio projects could be large. Not sure if the "archive project" might be the easiest way of getting complete projects (with all settings), plus reasonable compression, back and forth...
Understood.

Return to “Tracktion”