Missing first note/s of a midi pattern: Tracktion FM Synth, Air VacuumPro, Synthmaster Player, Surge 64b, Syntronic

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

When looping a pattern, first midi note (or notes if its a chord) will not make any sound. If I leave the pattern to continue looping it will randomly produce a sound.
On initial playback, the sound is produced, the issue is when jumping from the end marker back to the start marker. Any way to solve this?
This happens in Waveform Free.

Thanks and Regards

This bug has been around forever. If you move those notes to start 1ppq later, it should be okay. So, for example, if they're at 4.1.000, move them to 4.1.001
i9-10980HK. Windows 10 (21H2). Komplete Audio 6. Studio One 5.4.1.

Thanks for the reply/suggestion... However moving the notes doesn't seem to do the trick, will try again sometime....
It's also unbelievable that this issue has literally always been there (reading from previous posts), given the fact that looping a clip is a fundamental need. With all the advancements in waveform, no one seems to have been able to get this one thing right.

Regards.

Jeez, that bug's been around for, what, fifteen years? I thought Jules finally solved it back in the day but obviously still there deep in the code. Bummer.

notes at time 0 will not play - happens with ANY midi clip that feeds into a rack(with loop play back on). Unless I'm missing something...this is completely unacceptable and my exit cue. ridiculous.

ran into recently - 1st track had to change note start all the way to 029 before it played. 2nd track had to change start to 019. It's not even consistent - it seems to be some sort of PDC side effect?

Am I got it right. Do some midi notes, make a loop of clip, then loop project and first note at start or restart will not play?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Tracktion”