Is version 11 due this year?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not sure how often they update but 10 seemed to arrive quickly.

The new release will appear at NAMM near the end of January and will be released at some point after that. In the last couple of years the new version has appeared in beta for us to play with during January but prior to NAMM.

NAMM 2020 happens January 16th-19th, which is several days earlier than usual.
Last edited by jabe on Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Thanks.

agharta wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:49 pm Not sure how often they update but 10 seemed to arrive quickly.
It feels quick because they cycle version numbers every year to get people to keep paying.

BloodyCactus wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:00 am
agharta wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:49 pm Not sure how often they update but 10 seemed to arrive quickly.
It feels quick because they cycle version numbers every year to get people to keep paying.
Tracktion is selling Waveform for so cheap I really don't mind if this is the motivation for the consistently pushing Waveform forward.

Only issue is that I wish things would get a bot more stable. I love how fast it responds to crashes and I have never lost a midi note and it comes back within 2 or 3 seconds but still wish for some stability which doesn't sell new versions but will sell more copies int he long run.
-------------------
Bitwig is my DAWs and UHe and Tracktion Synths are my Bae. I maybe buy one synth a year. REMEMBER SELF just one synth a year!

You don't have to buy every updated version. You can pay every second (or perhaps third*) year, if you wish.

* though check that with support.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Paying for yearly updates is one of the most reasonable ways to fund ongoing development. I'd rather have a low entry cost and yearly paid updates than a huge entry cost. Paid updates focuses the development around long-term users, rather than on attracting new users constantly.

Yeah , It's basically a yearly subscription type thing in a round about way .

To date, it seems to this customer that they have a bit of a "tick tock" model. Even numbers are "tick", odd numbers "tock". I find the odd numbered versions have been more solid and refined than the even, where they tend to release bigger things. But, as always, the past doesn't predict the future.

All that said, I'm upgrading at least one more time to v11 (been upgrading since v2 or v3).

It will arrive soon. I just bought the 10 upgrade lol. Always seems to happen. I wait for the special pricing on the upgrade, purchase it and a month later they release the new version. So the above dates seem right on schedule

W10 does not work for me, it has a huge graphical glitch that makes VST plugins unusable. I'm still on W8 and was thinking about changing DAWs but honestly, I can't find anything (especially given that the best options are very expensive, Live, Studio One, etc. Reaper is probably the best but I dislike it's workflow). So I am hoping W11 will have fixed that and that I will be allowed to upgrade from 8 to 11 for the same price.
Windows 11/Linux Manjaro KDE + Waveform 11.

@rpm can i ask how your VST glitch. Because, mine work fine and have a lot of Third party, even freeware ones.Sometimes in the Rack they don't come back recalled correctly but I find if I make my own face plate and macros setting for it it does come back how I have set it.I use Waveform 10 on Dell Windows 8.1 desktop and Windows 10 pro HP elite book Laptop. Both with 8 gigs 64bit. I know with Waveform 8 was the last they made that had both 64bit and 32bit applications maybe that might be the problem if your plug ins are 32bit then they wont be working at all well in Waveform 10 which is 64bit.

rpm wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:38 pm W10 does not work for me, it has a huge graphical glitch that makes VST plugins unusable. I'm still on W8 and was thinking about changing DAWs but honestly, I can't find anything (especially given that the best options are very expensive, Live, Studio One, etc. Reaper is probably the best but I dislike it's workflow). So I am hoping W11 will have fixed that and that I will be allowed to upgrade from 8 to 11 for the same price.

I'm hoping for an update on the chord track, to allow it to affect any type of notes, and not just be restricted to affect
patterns only.

If you're going to NAMM, the Tracktion folk will be at booths 14200 and 14201.

Return to “Tracktion”