Multiple audio inputs.

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Option and cursor up and down selects tracks from your keyboard, by the way.
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

chico.co.uk wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:27 pm Option and cursor up and down selects tracks from your keyboard, by the way.
What keyboard command are you using to select a new track with audio input ?

T adds a new track, with an audio input assigned (if you have that option on, in settings)
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

chico.co.uk wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:01 pm T adds a new track, with an audio input assigned (if you have that option on, in settings)
Thanks for your help.

Its sort of working with "T" for new track and then "alt+arrow" up or down to change tracks.

The main trouble now is that 10.3.4 has broken "return the cursor to start position" which is needed to make this method work. But even then the tracks require to be re-focused and I have yet to find a keyboard command to achieve this.

I'm looking into how hard this would be to implement. Is the idea you want one input on all tracks just so it's faster to arm for recording? If so, does input follows selection solve your issue?

Or do you want to be able to record onto two tracks at once from the same input?

The issues I'm seeing are what happens to end-to-end? If you have one input on all tracks and end-to-end enabled that's going to make a horrible noise.

For midi inputs I can see it's useful. Maybe you want each half of your keyboard controlling a different synth. But then we'd need some sort of track based midi filter.

FigBug wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:09 pm I'm looking into how hard this would be to implement. Is the idea you want one input on all tracks just so it's faster to arm for recording? If so, does input follows selection solve your issue?

Or do you want to be able to record onto two tracks at once from the same input?

The issues I'm seeing are what happens to end-to-end? If you have one input on all tracks and end-to-end enabled that's going to make a horrible noise.

For midi inputs I can see it's useful. Maybe you want each half of your keyboard controlling a different synth. But then we'd need some sort of track based midi filter.
Thanks for replying.

Sorry for confusing people. I want just one audio input open and armed ready for recording. I then want to record, press the spacebar to stop, and the cursor return ready for the next track. I have re-assigned the keyboard arrows to select the next armed track.

Pretty much like old time tape recording.

"Input follows selection" works at first but once actual recording takes place it loses focus and the cursor has to be manually put back to the track input with the mouse which defeats the purpose of using just the PC keyboard.

Return to “Tracktion”