Waveform free with CM magazine this month...

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Russell Grand wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:46 pm
jabe wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:03 pm
Waveform was a name change that happened with version 8, so the first version of Waveform would otherwise have been Tracktion 8, but was Waveform 8 instead, because they didn't want the software name and the company name to be the same.
If true, why name it that in the first place?
The software was called Tracktion many years before it was owned by a company with Tracktion in its name. When first released (2002), its sole author and designer Julian Storer sold it under the company name of Raw Material Software (this forum was once named after that company). Within a year or two, Mackie had taken over distribution and development, but left it for dead after version 3, which came out early in 2007. You can look back on this forum all the way to early 2004 and plenty of posts inbetween, many lamenting the demise of the DAW.

Until 2012 it was abandonware. In 2012, it was rescued from Mackie and resurrected by a new company called Tracktion Software Corporation, including its original author, and Tracktion 4 appeared early in 2013.

Part of the reason for the name change was the development of products not necessarily related to the DAW.

This gives an outline, but is a few years out of date: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracktion
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

jabe wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:36 am
Russell Grand wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:46 pm
jabe wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:03 pm
Waveform was a name change that happened with version 8, so the first version of Waveform would otherwise have been Tracktion 8, but was Waveform 8 instead, because they didn't want the software name and the company name to be the same.
If true, why name it that in the first place?
The software was called Tracktion many years before it was owned by a company with Tracktion in its name. When first released (2002), its sole author and designer Julian Storer sold it under the company name of Raw Material Software (this forum was once named after that company). Within a year or two, Mackie had taken over distribution and development, but left it for dead after version 3, which came out early in 2007. You can look back on this forum all the way to early 2004 and plenty of posts inbetween, many lamenting the demise of the DAW.

Until 2012 it was abandonware. In 2012, it was rescued from Mackie and resurrected by a new company called Tracktion Software Corporation, including its original author, and Tracktion 4 appeared early in 2013.

Part of the reason for the name change was the development of products not necessarily related to the DAW.

This gives an outline, but is a few years out of date: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracktion
Wow, what an awesome reply! I wasn't expecting that. Thanks very much, jabe. :hail:

Found the answer to my question :tu:

I have searched for 64 bit free vst instruments to replace the old 32 bit ones I like. I didn't find. So I gotta stay by the T7 because the T10 free is 64bit only. There are no free bridges I quess.

It could well be that I have to wait many years until I move over to any 64 bit version of Tracktion.

Buy jbridge. Sorted.
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

dRowAudio wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:12 am The full list of main features not included are:
- Melodyne, AutoTune, Groove Dr, Actions panel, Edit groups, Track snapshots, Track editor, Subtractive, Artisan collection, Drum sampler, Macros, Modifiers (except LFO), Faceplates, Chord track, Multi sampler, Master mix
Yes, many useful tools in that list. The pattern generator is however included and it has some great development potential, and I'm thinking Liquid Notes here.

Return to “Tracktion”