Waveform free with CM magazine this month...

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

FileSilo says ........ " Tracktion Waveform Free" See page 22 of Computer Music issue 274 to find out how...

So maybe it just points to the website and T7 ?

There are THIRTEEN issues of CM per year.

My copy of Autumn 2019, CM274, arrived yesterday, August 31st. Via subscription.
Last edited by jabe on Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

chk071 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:09 pm Actually, it's issue 273, and Outlaw CM is the top featured plugin: https://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/ ... issue-273/
That came out on August 7th.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

I think the idea with these release dates is to give the physical magazines the longest possible shelf life. You may have reservations about buying 'Septembers' issue in October but may buy an 'Autumn' one up to November sometime. So, a possible three month shelf life.

dellboy wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:02 pm FileSilo says ........ " Tracktion Waveform Free" See page 22 of Computer Music issue 274 to find out how...

Wasn't Waveform a bit of a step up feature-wise from Tracktion? If they're saying it's a cut down Waveform then I doubt it's T7...? I'll be keen to give it a go either way, always had a softspot for it's workflow.

jabe:
My copy of Autumn 2019, CM274, arrived yesterday, August 31st. Via subscription.
Could you solve the puzzle WHICH version of Waveform this is ? Really restricted 10 or older ?

tatanka wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:23 pm jabe:
Could you solve the puzzle WHICH version of Waveform this is ? Really restricted 10 or older ?
This is what Woody said on Facebook:

"We are moving away from using old versions of the DAW for the free version - everything is now running on the current codebase so we can give folk a better experience - gets all the benefits of the most current OS support and bug fixes etc."

"Feature wise, its similar to W8 but with some cool additions to round out the experience."

According to the CM article, the "cool additions" include Vertical Mixer Panel, Enhanced MIDI Editor, Track Loops, Track Presets, MPE support, Range Selection Editing, Quick Render, improvements to stability, autosave, crash recovery, and more besides (all their capitals). And "the nifty new MIDI Clip Pattern Generator" (ditto). It also contains 4OSC, which I'm going to assume is built-in.

GaryG wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:03 pm
dellboy wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:02 pm FileSilo says ........ " Tracktion Waveform Free" See page 22 of Computer Music issue 274 to find out how...

Wasn't Waveform a bit of a step up feature-wise from Tracktion? If they're saying it's a cut down Waveform then I doubt it's T7...? I'll be keen to give it a go either way, always had a softspot for it's workflow.
Waveform was a name change that happened with version 8, so the first version of Waveform would otherwise have been Tracktion 8, but was Waveform 8 instead, because they didn't want the software name and the company name to be the same. They were diversifying to build up the company.

For clarification: it is cm #274, "Autumn 2019", available to subscribers in the UK late last week. In UK shops later this week.

Installed and running here (but the web site does not respond to my Unlock request). Details of the acquisition, installation and authorization process are in the magazine.

It is slightly less than Waveform 10 (paid for) but I do not know what.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

For info, if you have already purchased Waveform 10 and have run it on your machine, you don't need to get Waveform Free.
It's the same installer and app but has a few features less than the "Pro" version (which is what we're now calling the version that has been on sale up until now).

dRowAudio wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:23 pm For info, if you have already purchased Waveform 10 and have run it on your machine, you don't need to get Waveform Free.
It's the same installer and app but has a few features less than the "Pro" version (which is what we're now calling the version that has been on sale up until now).
I bought version 10 last night.

Had I known that you were giving this away I might have gone for the free version.

How is this going to help sales of Waveform long term ?

Are you trying to keep up with Cakewalk Bandlab (free) ? :hihi:

Regarding my problem with the web server not responding to my Registration / authorisation request: I did an "Unlock Offline" in my Tracktion account. That worked. (I selected the generated key in the dialogue and also tried dropping it onto the main Waveform window).

Edit: no, it didn't. The next time I start Waveform Free it is back in Demo mode. Although the Unlocking is reported as successful and shows the details in the About window, it looks like the key info is not being saved in the Settings file. :(
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

dRowAudio wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:23 pm For info, if you have already purchased Waveform 10 and have run it on your machine, you don't need to get Waveform Free.
Can you detail how/if it is greater than Waveform 9, and less than 10?

Thanks for any details...

dellboy wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:29 pm
I bought version 10 last night.

Had I known that you were giving this away I might have gone for the free version.
dellboy wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:29 pmHow is this going to help sales of Waveform long term ?
It gives people an opportunity to have a prolonged trial. Some will opt to go for the full version.
dellboy wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:29 pmAre you trying to keep up with Cakewalk Bandlab (free) ? :hihi:
The version-before-last has become free about 6-8 months after a new release starting with T4 in 2015. I don't know when Cakewalk Bandlab became free.

Maybe later they offering a discounted upgrade path from "Waveform CM"
12 years old PC running :Reaper;Reason;Dune;Zampler;Kontakr;Reaktor;and many others countless vst :D

Return to “Tracktion”