Tracktion Download Manager (Beta)

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Watchful wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:37 pm Not functional for me under Windows 10.

Within Waveform 10, it tells me there's nothing to update, and to go to tracktion.com to reinstall.

Having done that, I get...

"Unable to Find Downloads

There was a problem finding available downloads. Please check your username, password and internet connection and try again."

It's in a loop, no matter how many times I try.
Can you post a screenshot of that screen? Are you sure it's not just that you have the latest version installed? (10.2.1 at the time of writing).

If you really get nothing when going to tracktion.com and clicking "Account" -> "Downloads" then there might be a web issue. If you email support@tracktion.com to let us know, Brian can sort you out.

toddbooster wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:48 am Everything seems right, except for one little detail: It lists Waveform 9 under Installed Products, when in fact Waveform 10 is installed. Waveform 10 isn't listed anywhere.
Can you post a screenshot please? If you previously purchased W9, that will still appear in the list but W10 should also be there if you've purchased it and it appears in your "Downloads" on tracktion.com

fde101 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:57 am For me the installer (Mac) goes from "Validating packages" to "The installation failed".

The download manager application does show up in /Applications, however, and when I run it I get a window listing my "Installed Products" as including Waveform 8 and Waveform 9 - however, I too have Waveform 10 installed, and I removed Waveform 8 and 9 from the system a while back as I was running out of space and didn't see a need to keep all of the various versions installed.

Note that Waveform is not listed under Available Downloads within Waveform either, so I suspect this is an installation issue on my system.
It sounds like this could be a web error. Can you email support@tracktion.com with your registered email address and Brian can see why those updates aren't being delivered to you. Thanks.

dRowAudio wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:38 pm Can you post a screenshot please? If you previously purchased W9, that will still appear in the list but W10 should also be there if you've purchased it and it appears in your "Downloads" on tracktion.com
I've attached images of both the installed and not installed lists. I own W8, W9 and W10. W10 appears in my tracktion.com account, and is currently installed on my (this) computer. As you can see, W9 appears under "Installed", and W8 appears under "Not Installed"; W10 is nowhere to be found.

Image Image

Crashes with an error on my Linux installation.

If I type:

Code: Select all

tracktion-download-manager
into a terminal. It says:

Illegal instruction
This is the output of uname -a:

Linux killermike-main 5.0.0-25-lowlatency #26-Ubuntu SMP PREEMPT Thu Aug 1 13:08:53 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
This is output of lsb_release -a:

No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:	Ubuntu
Description:	Ubuntu 19.04
Release:	19.04
Codename:	disco
Let me know if there's anything you'd like me to try.

That's odd. We've tested this on Ubuntu 16.04 and 18.04.
Do you have curl installed? There's a chance it could be missing that?

rhydermike wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:26 am

Illegal instruction
Ditto. In my case this rhymes with the illegal instruction in the 8-Bit Treats plugin (the Windows version from the original manufacturer works fine bridged) so I wonder whether there's a compiler option turned on that shouldn't be.

$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor	: 0
vendor_id	: GenuineIntel
cpu family	: 6
model		: 15
model name	: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU          6600  @ 2.40GHz
stepping	: 6
microcode	: 0xd0
cpu MHz		: 1919.873
cache size	: 4096 KB
physical id	: 0
siblings	: 2
core id		: 0
cpu cores	: 2
apicid		: 0
initial apicid	: 0
fpu		: yes
fpu_exception	: yes
cpuid level	: 10
wp		: yes
flags		: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good nopl cpuid aperfmperf pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm lahf_lm pti tpr_shadow dtherm
bugs		: cpu_meltdown spectre_v1 spectre_v2 spec_store_bypass l1tf mds swapgs
bogomips	: 4787.69
clflush size	: 64
cache_alignment	: 64
address sizes	: 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management:

processor	: 1
vendor_id	: GenuineIntel
cpu family	: 6
model		: 15
model name	: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU          6600  @ 2.40GHz
stepping	: 6
microcode	: 0xd0
cpu MHz		: 1991.242
cache size	: 4096 KB
physical id	: 0
siblings	: 2
core id		: 1
cpu cores	: 2
apicid		: 1
initial apicid	: 1
fpu		: yes
fpu_exception	: yes
cpuid level	: 10
wp		: yes
flags		: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good nopl cpuid aperfmperf pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm lahf_lm pti tpr_shadow dtherm
bugs		: cpu_meltdown spectre_v1 spectre_v2 spec_store_bypass l1tf mds swapgs
bogomips	: 4787.69
clflush size	: 64
cache_alignment	: 64
address sizes	: 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management:

I'm trying to install Ubuntu 19.04 but it doesn't seem to be playing nice with my VM software.

Do you have Waveform 10 running on that system out of interest? I could see if there are any differences in the build flags..

I followed some instructions on stackoverflow and generated a core dump, which I then looked at with gdb:

ulimit -c unlimited
sudo sysctl -w kernel.core_uses_pid=1
tracktion-download-manager
ls -l
gdb tracktion-download-manager core.15718
and I found

Program terminated with signal SIGILL, Illegal instruction.
#0  0x00000000006e6073 in ?? ()
which when looked at with 'layout asm' shows

0x6e6073        vmovss 0x1347f9(%rip),%xmm0        # 0x81a874
which (googlepause) appears to be an Intel AVX instruction added in 2011, after the Core 2 Duo.

(I'm on (roughly) Debian Buster, but I could install U19 temporarily if you want.)

Thanks, again, Dave--indeed, my version was not the latest. Updating it seems to have fixed the whole thing for me. Thanks for this!
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

dRowAudio wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:06 pm I'm trying to install Ubuntu 19.04 but it doesn't seem to be playing nice with my VM software.

Do you have Waveform 10 running on that system out of interest? I could see if there are any differences in the build flags..
I'm sorry that you can't get Ubuntu 19.04 running. I tend to run Xubuntu, and that doesn't require a powerful OpenGL card to run. In addition, make sure that you've selected a 64 bit VM when running the 64 bit image.

I'm running Waveform 10, which runs fine. The update checker at startup, for example, runs as expected.

This is the version of lubcurl that I have installed:
Package: libcurl4
Version: 7.64.0-2ubuntu1.1
Priority: optional
Section: libs
Source: curl
Origin: Ubuntu
Maintainer: Ubuntu Developers <ubuntu-devel-discuss@lists.ubuntu.com>
Original-Maintainer: Alessandro Ghedini <ghedo@debian.org>
Bugs: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+filebug
Installed-Size: 702 kB
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.17), libgssapi-krb5-2 (>= 1.17), libidn2-0 (>= 0.6), libldap-2.4-2 (>= 2.4.7), libnghttp2-14 (>= 1.12.0), libpsl5 (>= 0.16.0), librtmp1 (>= 2.4+20131018.git79459a2-3~), libssh-4 (>= 0.8.0), libssl1.1 (>= 1.1.1), zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4)
Recommends: ca-certificates
Conflicts: libcurl3
Replaces: libcurl3

Chiming in to say it doesn't work for me in W10 on Windows 10. I go to the downloads tab, click on "Install Download Manager", and the thing looks like it starts loading. Then it disappears and nothing changes.

Spoon, try downloading off the Tracktion downloads page. That's what fixed that for me.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

That resolved the issue, thank you.

Like others, the download manager works for me in MacOS Mojave, but only after downloading and installing from the Tracktion website.

One request: it would be nice to mark specific downloads as ‘not interested’ or the like, so I’m not continually reminded to download something like Waveform 8. (Or the loop libraries that are downloaded, but in my case are saved in ‘unexpected’ folders).  
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
Radeon Pro 580 8 GB
Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 3rd Gen
Waveform 11 Pro/Studio One Pro 3.5

Return to “Tracktion”