Why does Tracktion and wavefome hide the api?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For example, the description says that there is a complete list of api sections and apis. However, its not true. there are some limited features.
Example export> render to a file
I've been told by the support team that if you build a macro in java using api in tracktion, you may be able to do what you want.

Certainly macros are a great solution.
Complex operation of tracktion, repetitive monotonous operation. Working with one hotkey will eliminate the great inconvenience of workflow!
Please think that this workflow is not our limited workflow, but applies to any workflow of users using tracktion.
We are sick of being criticized for being we workflow is special. That's not what we are talking about.

But why isn't that api in that complete list?
And even if we ask for support. Why doesn't support answer about full apis? What rights? The tracktion api is a patent and should hide the api?
It is good to explain the benefits of using macros, but commands with gui and commands with menus are easier to macro if api is seen.

The API is available. Click on the settings tab then select keyboard shortcuts. Make sure the "Show Script Editor" check box is selected then you will see a button labeled "Show API". This will open your web browser and take you to the API page.

@AGreen
thanks reply. by the way. you are read example?
Example export> render to a file < where?
we know its option and offline web page. we made some of macro. fit all+, clip edit+,
but we cant make export render file and other missing api command.

Who's we?
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

The scripting API currently offered in Waveform is kind of anemic and leaves much to be desired... but at least it does have one.

Just as a point of reference, which DAWs have strong scripting APIs? (This is one aspect of audio I do love messing about with). :)
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
Radeon Pro 580 8 GB
Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 3rd Gen
Waveform 11 Pro/Studio One Pro 3.5

I don't think any of them are quite perfect.

Ableton Live appears to have a reasonably rich API, possibly one of the better designed and organized ones, but there is no official documentation: https://nsuspray.github.io/Live_API_Doc/10.0.2.xml

Ardour and Harison MixBus evidently share a common scripting API, which appears to be fairly strong: http://manual.ardour.org/lua-scripting/

Reaper seems to be a bit ahead of most: https://www.reaper.fm/sdk/reascript/reascripthelp.html

I've seen indications that Bitwig Studio may have a stronger-than-most scripting API as well but the doco is in the program and I don't have it, so I can't really confirm either way.

@chico.co.uk
don't mind. we means "we" = "i".
@fde101
yea, waveform not commented question. > why hide api?.
complete api? that lie. so that sad.
and thanks. you right. reaper have all api. and have many customize documentation.
@tovokas
reaper. and.. sorry that is not daw software. but blender.
that is open sources too.
daw software is many hide api. that developer say for user > use gui moremore clicking! and search for command! sigh.

we don't know, why waveform can't have all api. that is quiz?

waveform good looking and workflow. but interface and command many many need fix.
gui panels hide command, and need more click. or api nothing. but they said it.
This gui is an old tradition that continues from tracktion.
..for win98? sorry.

Why don't you stop saying "we", after realising it's incorrect? It comes across like an affectation. The singular first person pronoun in English is I.

And the API doesn't have the functionality you want because they haven't got around to implementing it yet. The API is a work in progress. It's not a secret, or an impossible riddle to understand. It's just not been done yet.

You'd be best off posting a list of what you want to script, what functionality you want the API to expose, and more likely than not, it'll get looked at.

@chico.co.uk
haha, we don't stop saying "we". we doesn't teach you why we say and why we mean grounds "we" = "i". please don't mind.
we know easy english word generic and tpo and dissertation for use i = i. and we know we use strange english. sorry.
we dislike bother argumentation. you english teacher? is this important? thanks teach! but not important for we. we no kidding for you.

and tanks. so, waveform api work in progress? that is sounds good.
when it is somewhen. we hope waveform staff do implementation api and other fix and quickly.

we want api is export and rendering for track and clip. that is can hotkey assign for render.
and in the project editor gui command.
zoom track width. waveform have only zoom vertical tracks.

and thanks you for listening.

thintrne wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:32 pm complete api? that lie. so that sad.
where did you find the statement about opening complete api?

thintrne wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:32 pm haha, we don't stop saying "we". we doesn't teach you why we say and why we mean grounds "we" = "i". please don't mind.
Multiple personality disorder perhaps? :lol:

I've seen this particular flavor of pronoun abuse on various other forums already; I suspect it is an artifact of non-native English speakers from some culture or another having difficulty with the differences in the languages.

It always strikes me as a bit strange too, but doesn't bother me enough to worry about it too much.

Of course, if someone happens to be knowingly doing it to make their posts sound like they should have more weight than that of just one person, that would be a different matter, and should rightfully backfire... but I don't get that impression here.

@kott
hi, we see and listen it = complete api is from waveform support team. in support mail.
waveform support say. you are can find complete api in config > show api
however, we said before. not complite api.

uh, we are no have other speculation. we means we = other say i. that is we are default. not important that.
but that ridicule, to sickness? that is not funny. we don't know why people is to injure other.
we talked just it. > why wavefome dose hide all api? just it.

Return to “Tracktion”