Is Live Input Monitoring Supposed to be a Global Setting?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

[Waveform 10.2.0 Mac 64]

I record and monitor all in the same room, so paying attention to Live Input Monitoring is a regular thing for me. I am attempting to record multiple tracks at once, let's say a DI signal from a guitar, and a mic on the reamped DI signal. When attempting to enable Live Input Monitoring for one input (the DI), but not the other (the Mic), I realized that even though the Live Input Monitoring setting is associated with the properties panel for each input, enabling or disabling it for any input also enables/disables it for all of the others. Is this by design? I could swear older Waveform/Tracktion versions allowed this to be set per input, but I'm not 100% sure since I don't think the feature has been very important to me until now.

Thanks,
p
[Waveform 12.0.53 on Mac Monterey 12.3.1]
Art is dangerous. It is one of the attractions: when it ceases to be dangerous, you don't want it. - Duke Ellington

Disable "use the same properties for all input devices"

Thank you! That did the trick. Right there in the properties panel in front of my eyes the whole time.
[Waveform 12.0.53 on Mac Monterey 12.3.1]
Art is dangerous. It is one of the attractions: when it ceases to be dangerous, you don't want it. - Duke Ellington

Return to “Tracktion”