SOLVED: How to set up the IAC Driver to send out from Waveform 9?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, brand new user trying to work out how to send MIDI out from W9 via the IAC driver. My settings are:

…and my test track is this, with a synth instantiated just so I can hear there's output.

What else do I need to do, or to change so MIDI goes out the Driver (into Logic, in my case, which already sees the IAC data from lots of other sources, fwiw). TIA!
Last edited by David on Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If you have a .vst already on a track, normally it will "consume" midi events and convert them to audio.

IF you ONLY want external midi, either remove or disable the pluging and MIDI will "flow through".

IF you want both to play, then create a rack with the .vst and route the midi into both that device AND the output of the rack, which will get passed through to your default (or selected) MIDI output device.
Waveform 11; Win10 desktop/8 Gig; Win8 Laptop 4Gig; MPK261; VFX+disfunctional ESQ-1

Thanks, that clarified a few things, including that without the vst, my track SHOULD be sending MIDI out…but it wasn't.

So I looked a bit harder for somewhere to see or set the track output, and found it, with track selected:

Solved:)

Return to “Tracktion”