New Raspberry Pi 4B

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

audiojunkie wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:26 pm
Tim @ discoDSP wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:54 am I would rather go for a LatePanda board to avoid the WINE hassle https://www.lattepanda.com

We purchased a Rpi Zero recently and went bananas a few days ago. Not very happy with it.
How is the Linux distro support for desktop OSes? Does it run all of the same OSes that a normal desktop would run? How about driver support for on-board hardware? Thanks!
Reposting, because I think Tim missed my question :-)
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

audiojunkie wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:14 pm
Tim @ discoDSP wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:54 am I would rather go for a LatePanda board to avoid the WINE hassle https://www.lattepanda.com

We purchased a Rpi Zero recently and went bananas a few days ago. Not very happy with it.
How is the Linux distro support for desktop OSes? Does it run all of the same OSes that a normal desktop would run? How about driver support for on-board hardware? Thanks!
Sorry about the overlook. I managed to flash a Linux ISO but the RPI didn't work anymore :(
Tim Tanaka @ discoDSP Plug-ins for iOS, macOS, Windows and Linux
OB-Xd Oberheim based synth for iPad

Tim @ discoDSP wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:42 am
audiojunkie wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:14 pm

Sorry about the overlook. I managed to flash a Linux ISO but the RPI didn't work anymore :(
No problem. Thank you. But actually, I was asking about how the Linux distro support for desktop OSes is for the Latte Panda hardware that you recommended. :-) How is the support for the LattePanda boards as well? :-) I prefer the x86-64 boards, but I want to know what OSes can be used--ie, can the LattePanda boards use any desktop linux distro, just like a desktop computer? Thanks again! :-)
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

audiojunkie wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:47 pm No problem. Thank you. But actually, I was asking about how the Linux distro support for desktop OSes is for the Latte Panda hardware that you recommended. :-) How is the support for the LattePanda boards as well? :-) I prefer the x86-64 boards, but I want to know what OSes can be used--ie, can the LattePanda boards use any desktop linux distro, just like a desktop computer? Thanks again! :-)
No idea about Linux support with LattePanda boards as the seem focused to Windows. Purchase is pending so I can't really comment much more on this, sorry about it.

https://www.dfrobot.com/product-1405.html

Raspberry Pi 4 is a little beast however the ARM architecture is the biggest handicap if you want to run x86 stuff.
Tim Tanaka @ discoDSP Plug-ins for iOS, macOS, Windows and Linux
OB-Xd Oberheim based synth for iPad

tracktion waveform 9 and 10 support raspberry pi arm version :tu: I have a order new rpi 4 for uses with waveform 10 :hihi:

gennaro
Bitwig Studio 4.0.1 - Live Ableton 10/11 standard + MaxMsp 8 - Reaper 6.3.4 - Waveform 11 - Mixbus 7 - Ardour 6.9
Mx Linux 21.4 Hp elite 8200 sff (Debian Bullseye based + kx studio) - mx linux 19.4 (Asus x54c) Windows 10

gennargiu wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:55 am tracktion waveform 9 and 10 support raspberry pi arm version :tu: I have a order new rpi 4 for uses with waveform 10 :hihi:

gennaro
I believe Reaper also supports it. :-) Please let us know your experiences!! :-)

Just out of curiosity: did anybody try running it on a Nvidia Jetson Nano yet? Would be interesting to experiment with the GPU based neural net in the context of vst plugin development.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

audiojunkie wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:40 pm
gennargiu wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:55 am tracktion waveform 9 and 10 support raspberry pi arm version :tu: I have a order new rpi 4 for uses with waveform 10 :hihi:

gennaro
I believe Reaper also supports it. :-) Please let us know your experiences!! :-)
At moment i have old raspberry pi 3 and work fine in reaper experimental version arm...... :tu:
Bitwig Studio 4.0.1 - Live Ableton 10/11 standard + MaxMsp 8 - Reaper 6.3.4 - Waveform 11 - Mixbus 7 - Ardour 6.9
Mx Linux 21.4 Hp elite 8200 sff (Debian Bullseye based + kx studio) - mx linux 19.4 (Asus x54c) Windows 10

gennargiu wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:16 pm
audiojunkie wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:40 pm

gennaro

At moment i have old raspberry pi 3 and work fine in reaper experimental version arm...... :tu:
Excellent! My planned goal is to build a small Raspberry Pi 4 tablet with a 4GB version of the rpi, and run all of the open source synths and samplers on it--along with Reaper. :-) I have Gigs and Gigs and Gigs of high quality SFZ files too. This gives me a great deal of hope! :-)

Return to “Tracktion”