Tracktion 7 and DAW Essentials need constant unlocking

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone,

Even though i have already unlocked Traction 7 and DAW Essentials countless times they just won't stop unlocking themselves and start hissing all over my mix every time i open Tracktion 7.

Now i have tried offline and online mode all with generated keys and stuff but it just refuses to cooperate...Whats going on?

Also every time i drag clips from one track to another it keeps crushing...Its making it really unbearable to cope with it...

If you have a project with ONLY simple external VST's, do you still get the hissing? If you use Tracktion VST's, some of them may also have to be registered, and they (not tracktion itself) may be hissing...
Waveform 11; Win10 desktop/8 Gig; Win8 Laptop 4Gig; MPK261; VFX+disfunctional ESQ-1

No,no...This only occurs with DAW Essentials..They just won't keep themselves unlocked...And if you have reverbs, compressors etc. in each track its really troublesome to unlock each and every one separately only to close tracktion and have to do it allover again..I've issued a ticket in the Tracktion website but i have yet to receive an answer :(

You're not switching between the 32 and 64-bit version are you?

No, even if by chance i had the 32 bit version of the VSTs installed they wouldn't even show in the plugins list... Tracktion doesn;t recognize them and i know this cause i've downloaded 32bit vsts multiple times without knowing it and they wouldnt show up when i scanned to find them...

Can I just double check if T7 itself is unlocking every time you start the app? Or is it just DAW Essentials?
(Further instructions will differ depending on the products involved).

I think its both... I am currently continuing my project (i had to unlock every instance of DAW Essentials to do that) but when i opened T7 a screen popped saying that T7 is on demo mode..Ofc i unlocked it once more but i think it was the first time that i saw that screen..well apart from the initial installation...If it helps you every time i press the "help"->"about" button, it will always have the unlock button on the right down corner..i am no sure whether this should appear if T7 in unlocked..

When you show the about screen, near the top should be a machine number.
Can you make a note of that, unlock and then restart.
If T7 appears in a locked/demo state, open the about box again. Is the machine number the same or different from before?

Also, how are you opening T7? Are you simply opening the app or launching it by double clicking a project/edit file from the Finder/Explorer?

The machine number its always the same for T7...This never changes..What i have notice though is that for some reason DAW Essentials ask for 2 machine numbers when i try to unlock it..For example..The compressor asks for a machine number starting with W99F......(or something like that) but the EQ will ask for a machine number name starting with W83K...(something like that).. This doesnt happen with every effect of DAW Essentials i am using,(for example delay or reverb) there are usually only 2 machine numbers and i mostly see the different number in the EQ.. I hope i am making sense here..

As of the way am opening the T7..Just simply double clicking it from desktop and then choosing the project in the app..

I just spent some time with a customer trying to reproduce this issue. Turned out to be a corrupt settings file. When you restart T7, does it still have your email address in the unlock dialog or does it get replaced with garbage?

If you are on Windows, type Windows Key + R and type %APPDATA% and press ok. Then go into the Tracktion 4 folder and rename the Tracktion.settings file to Tracktion.settings.old and then restart T7. Does that fix the issue?

Return to “Tracktion”