Steps in step pattern

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, Is there a way how to multiply steps within the step clip easily? During the production I realized I need more steps in fill-in (shorter notes). Or can I "double" hits during the one step? Thanx, Stepaan.
Waveform 12 Pro, Cubase Pro 13, Windows 11, i7-13700H

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but if you click on a step in a step clip, the Action Menu or Control Panel will give you an option to select step length (1, 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, etc.). Clicking on a smaller subdivision will shrink the existing steps in the clip to that subdivision.

Thank you. But this insn't exactly what I'm looking for. Let's say, I have 1/4 steps. I have several patterns composed allready. But now I realized, I would need 1/8 steps (double the tempo). Is there any way, how I can set my prepared patterns to the "faster" signature. Or divide some steps by two, so the drum hits twice in the 1/4 step pattern? I'm sorry, I'm not native english speaker, so it may be a bit difficult to understand, what I'm talking about :-D
Waveform 12 Pro, Cubase Pro 13, Windows 11, i7-13700H

I don't think there's a way to do that. You can make a tiny new clip where you want to have the smaller subdivision and put it in between the other step clips.

It would be nice if step clips could host multiple subdivisions in them, but that's a FR for later.

Return to “Tracktion”