I want to turn off the pop-up when I set the plug-in

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi. We do not know whether to send mail from the site or to describe in KVR.
The setting will be displayed in a popup when the plug-in is set to the track.
It is every time. Pop up every time you set it.
However, these can also be set by expanding the property bar.
The property bar has several tabs that can be further set. We want to use this as main.
These are not closed automatically. Pop-ups will increase if you select plug-ins on multiple tracks.
There is no setting to close automatically.
The more you open, the more waveform press the task bar and the screen.
Do not open this automatically. Or do not always open. Can you switch the settings?
Could you add this popup related setting? Most vsti have nice popups, but sometimes they are not necessary.
What did you think when you saw our idea?

Oh yes, we said there was no setting to close automatically.
However, We found a way to close pop-ups that were opened in bulk.
For those who want to close these popups in one go. We will post this method we found.
It only switches the edit tab. All popups opened in another edit will be closed at once. how is it? ||-)

Not sure if this is related to your, question/problem.
Is it possible to have waveforms own plugins,either a GUI or in the the bottom panel,not both?
I use the send and return plugins,a lot and you can end up with instances of the GUI's stacked up on top of each other.
If that's not possible, at least have the previous one close, when you open a different one on another track.
Thanks
Windows 10 / Intel core i7 2700k @ 3.50GHz / 16GB Ram / Emu 1212m Sound Card / Ati Radeon HD5400 Series G/Card

I don't quite understand the questions here, there seem to be two different ones from thintrne and terrynoakes.

@thintrne, are you referring to the plugin windows? Perhaps you want to only show the plugin windows on double clicks? This can be changed from the "Plugins" settings page.

@terrynoakes, are you saying that it's possible to open several plugin UIs for the same plugin? Perhaps you could explain the problem a little more?

Thanks, Dave

dRowAudio wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 3:43 pm

@terrynoakes, are you saying that it's possible to open several plugin UIs for the same plugin? Perhaps you could explain the problem a little more?

Thanks, Dave
Hi, yes it seems to be that way.
For example
I have 4 returns 1234
If I have a send on a track to RTN 1
then decide I want the track to go to RTN 2 instead. The UI for the send to RTN1 will still be there behind the send to RTN 2
I could change that send on that Trk to each of the other RTN's and the UI's will all be stacked behind each other.
Probably not the best explanation, but hopefully you'll get what I mean. Cheers
Windows 10 / Intel core i7 2700k @ 3.50GHz / 16GB Ram / Emu 1212m Sound Card / Ati Radeon HD5400 Series G/Card

@terrynoakes
Thanks, Maybe. Maybe you are saying the same thing.
We think, There just seems to be some difference. We think you are talking more deeply about this issue. It's Great.

@dRowAudio
Thanks, and we apologize for the confusion. Yes. We say, pop-up windows = plug-in windows.
The plug-in windows of the send & return plug-in must be closed manually one by one. A plug-in window that occupies the task bar and screen.
We changed the setting. Config > Open plug-in window by double click.

When this was set, the plug-in window did not appear even when the plug-in was set to the track.
It may be nice if there is an addition to the description of this setting.
Because for us it was a great help like a secret tips!

here. For example, such an explanation.
Even if plug-in to set to the track, the plug-in GUI window will not be displayed unless it is double-clicked.

Well, we branch the problem here. That is exactly what @terrynoakes is saying.
First of all, there are currently only the following solutions for plug-in windows.
Manually close one by one.
Or switch between tabs and close at once.
Stacked plug-in windows will occupy the taskbar and fill the screen.
And even if you switch tracks, plugin window will remain there.
This seems like the idea of ​​@terrynoakes is great.

The plug-in window should be closed automatically if you switch tracks.
Or even if you click or duble click the plug-in window, it will not open.

If you do not need to open the plug-in window, You can do almost all of the plug-in settings in the property bar at the bottom of the screen.
This allows you to focus more on composing and arranging in Waveform.
You don't have to worry about managing open plug-in windows. Do you need a screenshot?

Of course, people who need a lot of plugin windows may say different opinions.
But we do not think so. That is all.
We think that it would be nice if they could be selected in the settings to get totally different behavior.

thintrne wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 3:33 am The plug-in window should be closed automatically if you switch tracks.
NO!!!!! Leaving them open allows for comparison and adjustment of settings between multiple tracks. I might want to have the plugin settings of two different tracks open at the same time so that I can make adjustments between them to change how the sounds of the tracks interact with each other. If I had to keep switching back and forth and re-open the plugin windows all the time that would be super-annoying and a horrendous waste of time.

This is fine as an option that can be easily toggled depending on what you are doing at the time, but definitely not as the only way of working.

If you do not need to open the plug-in window, You can do almost all of the plug-in settings in the property bar at the bottom of the screen.
This only works for the built-in plugins. 3rd party VST/Audio Unit plugins can only have their settings adjusted in the popup windows. I use far more 3rd party plugins within Waveform than I do the ones that are built-in.

@thintrne, I think I understand now, you want any open plugin windows to close when you change selection.

The "pin" icon in the top right of the plugin windows determine if the window closes when the selection changes. If this is turned off (it will be coloured white) then selecting a different item in the Edit (plugin, track, clip etc.) will hide the window.
If the pin is on (pin will be coloured red) then the windows will stay open until manually closed.

The default for this behaviour can be changed in the "Plugins" settings page under the "Pinning Plugin Windows" setting.

This, coupled with the single/double click option to show/hide plugin windows should give you all the behaviour you need.

@terrynoakes, I don't think what you've described is correct. If you open the UI for a Send plugin, the UI for that plugin remains open. The "Bus" number is a property of that plugin, changing it simply determines where the input to that send goes. You wouldn't expect changing that to open or close any plugin windows.

dRowAudio wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 1:50 pm

@terrynoakes, I don't think what you've described is correct. If you open the UI for a Send plugin, the UI for that plugin remains open. The "Bus" number is a property of that plugin, changing it simply determines where the input to that send goes. You wouldn't expect changing that to open or close any plugin windows.
Ok, thanks. Would it be possible to have the option for the waveform native plugins, to disable the UI and have them show In the bottom panel as they did in previous T& Waveform editions?

terrynoakes wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:05 pm Ok, thanks. Would it be possible to have the option for the waveform native plugins, to disable the UI and have them show In the bottom panel as they did in previous T& Waveform editions?
They already do. Configure it to not open the window unless you double-click, as described above. Expand the lower bar to see the UI there (first icon - arrow pointing away from a line) if you have it collapsed.

fde101 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 3:07 pm
terrynoakes wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:05 pm Ok, thanks. Would it be possible to have the option for the waveform native plugins, to disable the UI and have them show In the bottom panel as they did in previous T& Waveform editions?
They already do. Configure it to not open the window unless you double-click, as described above. Expand the lower bar to see the UI there (first icon - arrow pointing away from a line) if you have it collapsed.
Will this then apply to all of my installed plugins?

Yes, but this is fairly standard OS behaviour. Single click to select (and show in properties panel), double click to open (and show in window).

We discussed making the built-in plugins appear in the properties panel but thought the inconsistency between internal/external plugins would be confusing and difficult to predict. You shouldn't have to know if something is internal or external, a plugin just some processing functionality.

The other thing is that now we have the actions panel, the properties panel is used less often so most people keep it closed to reclaim the screen real-estate.

@ fde101
oh. Hi, thank you for teaching me macros before.
hum, yes. Once Waveform closes the plug-in window track by track, it's hard to adjust the effect.
We were not aware of it. I just thought that I didn't want to see the task bar and screen going to fill up.
This is fine as an option that can be easily toggled depending on what you are doing at the time, but definitely not as the only way of working.
Yes, that's why we suggested an option on or off.

I thought that third-party plug-ins were another problem. For example, it is difficult to incorporate BIOTEK2 etc. it is so wide.
we think and said for only built-in plugins.

@dRowAudio
Thank you for understanding. And great! We changed the settings to not be unpinned.
If this is the case, we do not mind if the pop-up window is displayed by setting the plug-in to the track.
We do not find it difficult to switch between pins and ampins.
This combination of settings has been very helpful!
We are happy that the desired behavior is already incorporated as a configuration. Thank you!

Return to “Tracktion”