Tracktion 7 - No longer hear any audio for playback, but...

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hmmm, no if that VST is on one of the tracks, then what I was suspecting about the MIDI may be wrong.

Problem7 looks like the right ASIO4All setup to have audio route out the Behringer, so if that's not working either, Im not sure what's happening. Clicking 'Test' on that page with that setup gives you the test tone, I assume?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Yes the test always works unless I do some exotic Audio setup that renders everything mute. Usually the Test always work whether through my Beringer or my laptop or external speakers.

Since it -seems- as though its not the soundcard setup (since the drums and the test signal are working) that would narrow it down to being a problem with Track1, or a problem with the audio recording. So, to try narrowing it down further....

If you drag some external sample onto track 1, later on in the timeline, does that play?

What happens if you create a new audio track, and drag your guitar clip onto that instead of Track1

Found the problem. The MT-PowerDrumKit v2.0.4 is incompatible apparently with Tracktion though it worked earlier this year. By removing the VST from the track but leaving the track otherwise the same, the guitar tracks now work, but my drums are all gone.

Any suggestion here? MT-PowerDrumkit is a great, easy to use and free drum kit but now that it doesn't work all my work is wasted. Maybe I could export it to a wave, input to another project, then play over that with a guitar but this is added work and more time consuming.

I am ok with trying another tried and true VST drumkit thats easy and preferably free?

Each track has an output designation. Do all of your tracks (I gather you don't have a MIDI output device) have the same output - default audio output - or do some have default and some show 1+2 ?

Does the "test" button in audio settings always work properly?

Also, in some of your images (i.e. Problem6) you have multiple outputs but default is set to internal audio. By clicking on the other ones, you can make Behringer the default output device. Do you have anything (i.e. PC speakers) connected to the internal computer audio? Would you hear it if it plays there and not the Behringer?
Waveform 11; Win10 desktop/8 Gig; Win8 Laptop 4Gig; MPK261; VFX+disfunctional ESQ-1

Yes, if the MT PowerDrumKit VST is deactivated I can hear everything fine except the drums as the VST is deactivated. So the guitar comes on as it should.

I was able to do all the drums then import those drums to a single wav file, started a new Tracktion Project and did the guitar. This works for now until a fix or an alternative is found. I also informed the makers of MT PowerDrumKit and they responded. They are going to try to emulate the problem and I am going to try it on another laptop or desktop.

can you set the audio buffer to ~ 2000?

GC65 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:17 pm Found the problem. The MT-PowerDrumKit v2.0.4 is incompatible apparently with Tracktion though it worked earlier this year. By removing the VST from the track but leaving the track otherwise the same, the guitar tracks now work, but my drums are all gone.

Any suggestion here? MT-PowerDrumkit is a great, easy to use and free drum kit but now that it doesn't work all my work is wasted. Maybe I could export it to a wave, input to another project, then play over that with a guitar but this is added work and more time consuming.

I am ok with trying another tried and true VST drumkit thats easy and preferably free?
wow, kinda bizarre problem; glad you got it sussed though. Im afraid I dont know of a free alternative to that plugin; the part of it that does premade rhythms is what's going to be difficult to find a substitute for, and the fact that the samples seem to be 'production processed'. You could use a regular sampler, decent drum samples, and premade MIDI patterns, maybe?

I have another different laptop that I hope to test this out on to see if it is reproducible. Its the least I can do for a free VST drumkit as well as free tracktion which I think are great products even though I am just a casual user I appreciate the efforts of these applications. Will post more once I get done with this.

Thanks all

Can you post a screengrab of the right hand side of the screen, where the MT-PowerDrumkit is on the track, and the properties panel, when you have one of the tracks selected that's going to MT-PowerDrumkit?

It's impossible to tell at the minute if you're using racks, or multiple instances of MT-PowerDrumkit, or directing the output of tracks to one track that has the VST on it, because you're posting pics of some, but not all of the tracktion gui

But those ! signs on all the tracks imply you're sending midi to a track that doesn't have MT-PowerDrumKit on it.

Have you maybe got MT-PowerDrumKit on the same track at the one with the guitar audio on it? That would stop that playing, because you're sending audio into a plugin that doesn't expect audio, and explain why you're seeing the ! signs on the midi tracks
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

I'm simply doing track 1 as input 1 from the Behringer, and that input reacts to my guitar strumming as normal, however no sound.

Track 2 and beyond are setup to use the MT Power Dumkit VST exclusively. That works, the VST works ok, drum sounds and all that.

I still cannot hear Track 1 at all, until I disabled/delete the VST from Track 2 and beyond and once that happens I can hear Track 1. All drums are then inaudible but still present. Re-enabling the MT Drum VST on track 2 and beyond goes back to the drums, silencing the Track 1 again. Very odd.

Huh. I've been using version 2.0.2 all along, with Tracktion 5, 7 and 8; although just a simple behringer 222 hooked up to my mixer - never hit problems like that. Simple ASIO4all.
Waveform 11; Win10 desktop/8 Gig; Win8 Laptop 4Gig; MPK261; VFX+disfunctional ESQ-1

Yup, same here, this is a new problem though I don't know the source/cause of it. When I get time I plan to try a different laptop but one that has the same OS, Windows 10 x64. It doesn't have Tracktion 7 or anything like it on there.

Can you post a screengrab of the right hand side of the screen, where the MT-PowerDrumkit is on the track, and the properties panel, when you have one of the tracks selected that's going to MT-PowerDrumkit?
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

chico.co.uk wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:14 pm Can you post a screengrab of the right hand side of the screen, where the MT-PowerDrumkit is on the track, and the properties panel, when you have one of the tracks selected that's going to MT-PowerDrumkit?
This.

You The "!" icons should not be ignored - they indicate there is a problem, and you are having one, so they are very likely connected, and we cannot accurately determine what is going on with the information we have been given so far.

Return to “Tracktion”