Waveform v10.1.2 Beta Available

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MACdonalds anyone ??? :smack:

Cheve wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:06 pm I think I got it... in this forum dRowAudio is the good cop and chico.co.uk is the bad cop... ;-)
Not at all. dRowAudio is a representative of a company genuinely trying to assist users with reasonable requests.

Chico is just a regular KVR reader and Waveform user who's trying to express that it might not be in a user's best interests to provide vague information, suddenly reveal he's using really old technology, and then accuse the developer of dragging his feet.

At least, this is how it's coming across to me, and I have no part to play--it's just that this particular forum topic is a general information thread of interest to me but it's been hijacked.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

The problem with these issues is that we need some reproducible examples to look in to or how would we know if what we're changing is improving things. The latency between making a an educated best guess, building a version, sending it through QA, sending it through our private beta, then to public beta and then hoping the specific person with the problem gets that beta version, runs some tests and then provides us with the specific feedback we need just doesn't work. All we'd get back from a forum user here would be a "yes" or "no" as to whether the situation has noticeably improved. That simply isn't enough for us to solve a problem.

As I've said, I've tried the specific example given (Microtonic) on my relatively old (2013) MacBook Pro and can't replicate the problem so I can't really go about solving it directly.

As a general rule, we prioritise issues based on how widespread they are and we've not heard lots of reports of "unusably" sluggish UI, just one or two, and it only happens with some plugins. I'm afraid this simply means it just isn't high enough priority to divert time to investigate. I'm sure the majority of people on here (and those not present on KVR) would prefer we tackle more frequent bugs and feature requests.

Having said that, we are looking in to ways to improve the graphics performance across the board on macOS particularly (which mainly because the use of Hi-DPI displays seems to be more widespread on macOS) but it's really a JUCE framework improvement which needs to be made which I think they are currently looking in to. It's just not something that will happen overnight.

We are also working on an orthogonal problem that might end up improving graphical performance so I don't want to spend too much time looking in to this if it will be solved by this other change we're investigating.

Cheve wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:06 pm I think I got it... in this forum dRowAudio is the good cop and chico.co.uk is the bad cop... ;-)
Haha, there's probably something in that .... but like the man said, dRowAudio is one of the Waveform devs, and i'm just a punter, who doesn't work for the company.

That said, bugs i've reported have been fixed, at least in part because I explained how to replicate them, so the devs could look into the root cause.
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

alejandrozalaquett wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:58 am Still no fix on plugins not displaying GUI, not even Melodyne
:(
This is a problem with the 10.14 macOS SDK. We've reverted to an older 10.13 SDK and built the latest version. W10.1.4 should have this problem sorted.

Chico is a forthright Scot who will say exactly what he thinks, often very bluntly, and with no leeway allowed for anyone's sensibilities.

I think it's an admirable quality, especially in this world of perpetually outraged idiots who think causing offence should be criminalised (part of me thinks causing offence should be mandatory, but I'm no good at it).
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

haha that's the things that make the Tracktion universe so great! ;)
happy easter!!

They having an 30% off Easter Sale too .... EGGTRACK is the discount code ... I think I might upgrade this weekend .

fedexnman wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:49 pm They having an 30% off Easter Sale too .... EGGTRACK is the discount code ... I think I might upgrade this weekend .
Sold

dRowAudio wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:41 am
alejandrozalaquett wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:58 am Still no fix on plugins not displaying GUI, not even Melodyne
:(
This is a problem with the 10.14 macOS SDK. We've reverted to an older 10.13 SDK and built the latest version. W10.1.4 should have this problem sorted.
Great!!!! Problem solved!!!
Thanks guys!
Alejandro Zalaquett
http://alejandrozalaquett.bandcamp.com

Macbook Pro Retina 15’, Late 2013

This is an old thread, but while I wouldn’t call the Waveform GUI unusable, it is certainly what I’d call sluggish on my 2015 27-inch iMac with a Core I7-6770. The only other DAW that comes close is Bitwig, and that only when it’s playing and drawing lots of little animations.

Almost all of the complaints I’ve seen about both concern Retina displays.

Just in case... did you you set the app to low-resolution mode? That made a big difference for me: not perfect, but much better. (Right click on the application in Finder, click on Get Info, then check the box).
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
Radeon Pro 580 8 GB
Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 3rd Gen
Waveform 11 Pro/Studio One Pro 3.5

I did not. I wasn't even aware of the option. I'm only a couple years in on the Mac. But I will certainly try this when I get back into macOS! Thanks.

Wow. Thanks. It's usable now.

Return to “Tracktion”