Waveform v10.1.2 Beta Available

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Available from your accounts now under the "BETA" button:
https://marketplace.tracktion.com/shop/ ... chive?v=10
- Plugins: Fixed crash advancing through presets with next/prev button if there are no presets
- UI: Fixed inputs following selection from overwriting existing inputs on a track
- UI: Fixed multi file browser drag
- Sampler: Reversed direction of beat sensitivity slider
- UI: Fixed refreshing of tag browser
- UI: Fixed double clicking on tempo / chord / marker track to resize
- UI: Fixed actions menu snapping shut when near side of the monitor
- UI: Fixed MIDI playability warning not updating when track output changes
- Bugs: Fixed setting clips to bwav time when importing
- Bugs: Fixed recently rendered files getting imported with 0 length

- Plugins: Fixed an issue with some VST3 plugin windows not correctly recalling their size
- MIDI: Fixed display of custom chord names
- MIDI: Colour selected MIDI notes on the keyboard with selection colour
- Backup: Fixed backups failing if project contains edit files that are missing
- Backup: Fixed project restore not adding projects to project list
- Plugins: Fixed fix for Slate Trigger 2
- UI: Fixed incorrect icons showing up in plugin browser

Wow that's a lot of fixes.

@dRowAudio The bug fixes are coming fast and furious , I'm finding it harder to find anything to report on the bug tracker :) I have a few small niggles that I will report later, tho not super important, they all count.

Good work, chaps!
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Still no fix on plugins not displaying GUI, not even Melodyne
:(
Alejandro Zalaquett
http://alejandrozalaquett.bandcamp.com

Macbook Pro Retina 15’, Late 2013

There's a fix coming from Melodyne for this.
We believe the problem is to do with a change in the Mac SDKs and are looking in to a more general solution.

alejandrozalaquett wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:58 am Still no fix on plugins not displaying GUI, not even Melodyne
:(
and no fixes for sluggish UI on OSX !

There isn't a magic button we can switch for this.
I've looked in to it several time, including with Microtonic which you reported and simply can't find the problems you're describing. There isn't a huge outcry from everyone about this so perhaps there's something specific to your setup or machine that's triggering the problem?

There's so many things that could come in to play for performance issues such as CPU, GPU, display size, if there are external displays, window size, Edit complexity, plugin formats used, I've even heard of system colour profiles affecting performance.

We need more information to look in to specific things, even if the same problems don't happen in other hosts.

dRowAudio wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:44 am There's a fix coming from Melodyne for this.
We believe the problem is to do with a change in the Mac SDKs and are looking in to a more general solution.
The problem is not only with Melodyne.
Alejandro Zalaquett
http://alejandrozalaquett.bandcamp.com

Macbook Pro Retina 15’, Late 2013

Hence why I stated
dRowAudio wrote:are looking in to a more general solution
I also have a an issue open on this on the JUCE forum as it's related to the framework: https://forum.juce.com/t/melda-product- ... k-ui/32832

dRowAudio wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:23 am There isn't a magic button we can switch for this.
I've looked in to it several time, including with Microtonic which you reported and simply can't find the problems you're describing. There isn't a huge outcry from everyone about this so perhaps there's something specific to your setup or machine that's triggering the problem?

There's so many things that could come in to play for performance issues such as CPU, GPU, display size, if there are external displays, window size, Edit complexity, plugin formats used, I've even heard of system colour profiles affecting performance.

We need more information to look in to specific things, even if the same problems don't happen in other hosts.
I've never been asked for information after I had complained about sluggish ui in Waveform.
Better late that never !

Here are the specs :
Imac late 2007 24', 4GGo. All major DAWs run flently even with heavy projects (Reaper...) but Waveform.
Even with empty project and 1 plugin, waveform UI is sluggish.

Note : I don't want to be aggressive but it's frustating not to be abble to run Waveform. T1 was my first DAW and I would like you to make it great again !

Are you expecting somebody to source a 12 year old imac, and test UI performance on it, using one plugin which you haven't specified?
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

chico.co.uk wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:34 am Are you expecting somebody to source a 12 year old imac, and test UI performance on it, using one plugin which you haven't specified?
That's an easy reply but when I first started to complain, 5 or 6 years ago, my mac was 7 years old.
So you say, Waveform can't run on older machine but others DAWs can :clap:
Next time you will reveive a bug report, wait for 10 years before reply "hey, you're hardware is too old".
It's not a breaking news that there are issues with Waveform on mac and not because there are old machines.

I think you've missed my point. If that's all the information you can provide, is that the UI is "sluggish", when you try it on your 12 year old mac, with a plugin you don't disclose, literally the only way somebody could troubleshoot that would be to get either hold of your machine, or the same model, from that year, and see if the UI is "sluggish" for them too. You've provided no info that can be replicated.

For further context, the UI isn't sluggish, on either of my macs. That doesn't help you, but there's clearly some difference between mine and yours. But if that's all I tell you about my kit, you're no further forward.
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

I think I got it... in this forum dRowAudio is the good cop and chico.co.uk is the bad cop... ;-)

Return to “Tracktion”