Waveform 9 registration fails every 2nd programm start!?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What is wrong with waveform 9? Every time I open it on my desktop computer (windows 10 64bit) it says it is not registerd, I have to unlock it every time online, sometimes the offline key wont work eighter.
Does anybody have a workaround? Thanks for your help.

hardy

Are you changing users or updating in between?
There should be only two things that can affect this, a changing machine ID (which is generated from your drive folder IDs) or the settings file being modified.

Also, are you sure it is correctly being unlocked? There was an odd bug in W9 that would return a success message but fail to fully unlock.

Can you try the following:
• Once you've unlocked, press the "Help" -> "About" button and see what the unlock status is here at the top (it will say something like "Unregistered" or "Registered to xyz@123.com")
• Also make a note of the machine number here
• Restart Waveform and see if it asks you to unlock again. If it does, open up the about screen again, is the machine number different?

Hopefully that should help us get to the bottom of it.

Hello and thanks for your reply,

since monday in the morning it works perfectly! I have no idea what was the cause of this error, maybe a windows update or something. No user was added or editet on the system, but a few Windows System Updates were applied, maybe this was the reason.
I f the error ocures another time I will keep you informed.

Thanks for your suppurt.
hardy

You're not running the app from different drive letters each time are you?

No it is insalled on the C: drive, nothing special. Only my projects and samples are on the D: drive...

Return to “Tracktion”