Warp Time Snapping

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I'm experiencing a snapping oddity within Warp Time (although might be doing something wrong!)

If I drag in an audio loop then go to the Loop Properties pane and choose Warp Time, clicking on a beat marker and dragging it snaps perfectly to the grid - even when zoomed completely out so the full waveform is in view.

However, if you choose Warp Time as a Clip Effect, clicking and dragging transients looks like it has snapped to the grid but if you zoom in you often see that it hasn’t - and sometimes if you drag a marker when zoomed in it snaps but not necessarily to the grid (it’s jumping in grid increments perhaps?). If you zoom WAY in you can get it to snap, so there seems to be something odd going on.

I tend to like the Clip Effect warping as you can zoom the track vertically to see more of the waveform on screen (if would be great if the Loop Properties view could be expanded to any size as it's great functionality but fiddly to work within in a small window).

Hi,

Can anyone confirm if this is indeed a bug or whether I'm missing something?

Thanks

I've just checked and this is still an issue in W11. I've also narrowed down what I believe is the problem - it's using Clip FX when the Clip has Auto Tempo switched on. And indeed it affects all Clip FX, not just warping - e.g. if you enable the Volume Clip FX, add a point, then move it around you can see that the tool tip is showing the volume automation point's position incorrectly compared to the clip/project ruler (and it doesn't snap to the ruler, just like warp doesn't). So it seems that with Auto Tempo enabled Clip FX are working to a different ruler than the project timeline.

Hope that helps identify the issue.

Return to “Tracktion”