First note of loop missing

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ogquality808 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:45 pm whether you copy it with "D" or press the icon and drag, it's back on missing so it's not that I guess.
That's not what we are talking about in this thread.
We are talking abut marking a region with the in/out markers and using the "loop" button in the transport section to play it repeatedly, without duplicating it in the timeline.

I'm really trying to look in to this with a simple test case but I simply can't get Kontakt to drop the first note (it's been playing for about 10 mins now).

I've simply added a 1/2 beat note 4 times to a 1 bar MIDI clip at the start of a blank Edit, added Kontakt 5 with the "Harp.nki" "Factory Library" instrument, looped the first bar and let it play (see attached screenshot).

This is on macOS but the MIDI should be the same on all OSes.
Can anyone try this exact test and let me know if they get dropped notes?

(I'm considering removing the "reset" call on loop-wrap but I need a test case first to ensure it does fix the problem).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tried that. No issues. Tried a few other VSTs as well. No issues. I'll have to post in here again next time the problem occurs.
i9-10980HK. Windows 10 (21H2). Komplete Audio 6. Studio One 5.4.1.

I'll give this a try tonight with Kontakt on Windows 10.
GLHF! (Gandalf Lives, Hobbits Forever!)

Addendum: as of 10.2.1 this affects the MicroKorg. (Original version.)

As Waveform Free had been released a few days ago, I was eager to check if this bug was still present. I remember starting to use Tracktion 7 and discovering this issue with LOOP function in the arrangement.
Unfortunately Waveform Free presents the same problem. I tested it only with wav files. No MIDI, just to make sure that it's not third party's software fault. Beginning of the loop always has this annoying short fade in at the beginning. It doesn't matter if I place loop points right at the start of arrangement or on second beat etc. Wherever LEFT LOOP MARKER is placed and when there is audio next to it, this audio has short audible fade in. Too bad, cause I was looking forward to using this W11.

I need to point out that the best way to check if this issue occurs in your setup, is to use a sample with pronounced attack e.g. a kick. I uploaded one of them. One more thing, I performed this test on fresh install of Waveform Free. I made no changes except choosing my usual audio device and driver.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wherever LEFT LOOP MARKER is placed and when there is audio next to it, this audio has short audible fade in.
Not reproducible for me. Can you share the whole edit?

michal.ochedowski wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:28 am As Waveform Free had been released a few days ago, I was eager to check if this bug was still present. I remember starting to use Tracktion 7 and discovering this issue with LOOP function in the arrangement.
Unfortunately Waveform Free presents the same problem. I tested it only with wav files. No MIDI, just to make sure that it's not third party's software fault.
This isn't the possible bug discussed in this thread.
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

Not reproducible for me. Can you share the whole edit?
Here is the edit in archive format. I strongly suggest to have expanded view at the bottom of the screen open. Select track with four kicks and click on "levelmeterplugin" on the right. Pay attention to peak meter value as soon as you press PLAY. On first kick it jumps to -3.8 dB and on other three kicks it jumps to -0.68 dB or to -1.04 dB. At least that's how it looks in my case.
So to sum it all up. If someone can't hear the difference with each loop cycle (I certainly can), where does the difference in peak meter values come from?

Well, it's definitely audible and visible. Don't know why I didn't hear that before.

Kott wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:48 am Well, it's definitely audible and visible. Don't know why I didn't hear that before.

Thanks for the feedback. The same problem existed in Tracktion 7. I reported it to developers some time ago. They wrote back stating that Tracktion 7 was no longer supported and won't be updated. Nonetheless it was a hint about possible bug. I was hoping it would be resolved in Waveform Free 11.
My guess is that paid version has the same issue.

Pro version is affected.

This is odd bug. If loop's start point is placed far enough before clip, then it plays normally. But more closely it - fade-in is more frequently occurs, until every loop is faded in.
I've placed it on 10 ticks before clip start and loops plays:
fade-in
fade-in
normal
normal
normal
normal
then again...

And it presents in rendered (exported) WAV too.

Odd bug indeed. Up until now I couldn't be sure. There was a small chance it was my setup to blame. Seemed unlikely though. At least I have confirmation from someone else. Perhaps we will hear from another user. Archive has been downloaded 4 times.

michal.ochedowski wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:57 am Odd bug indeed. Up until now I couldn't be sure. There was a small chance it was my setup to blame. Seemed unlikely though. At least I have confirmation from someone else. Perhaps we will hear from another user. Archive has been downloaded 4 times.
Confirmed. Reported to devs.
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'

operandx wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:16 am Confirmed. Reported to devs.

Thanks for the input.

Return to “Tracktion”