Autotune Access copy protection requires online connection? Buh bye

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I installed, tried and then promptly removed the Autotune Access software as it feels more like spyware to me, given the obnoxious copy protection. iLok software is bad enough on some things, but it doesn't cry if you block it with a firewall. Autotune Access simply stopped working when I blocked the near-malware copy protection program it uses. I'm not even sure it uninstalled completely given that it couldn't shut itself down when uninstalling, and I'm going to have to now hunt through files and the registry. Never again.

I will buy the license off you if it works for mac? thanks

What specifically do you not like about that kind of copy protection? You've not actually said.
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

Because it feels like spyware. And malware. It's just a feeling, but... it's very real... you know?

I have worked in a project studio where the owner does not allow any internet connection except he has an insulated business notebook with WLAN. He uses Cubase with stock plugins, and a number of free plugins that I brought in.

The copy protection is Codemeter, which is the same as Reason uses. There is nothing "spyware" about it.

Actually, Codemeter is great. Apart from the fact that i wasn't able to uninstall it once. Guess there was something flakey with the Reason trial i had installed, back then. Since, i have reinstalled Windows on this machine, so, Codemeter is gone as well. :)

Return to “Tracktion”