FR: Copy sample into project folder

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When you import or drag in a sample to a project, a dialog appears asking if you want to copy the file(s) into the project folder. If you choose not to, the file is referenced from wherever it was imported from.

However, this is not a very good system as when trying out a bunch of samples, it means either pulling everything into the project folder and potentially making it massive, or having the final referenced sampled be potentially lost at some point in the future due to them being moved.

So my feature request is quite simple: When a sample has been imported and not copied into the project folder, there should be an option related to that sample that does a "copy this into the project folder" after it has been imported. This would copy the sample in and then reference the new copy.
i9-10980HK. Windows 10 (21H2). Komplete Audio 6. Studio One 5.4.1.

Yeah, I'd like to add this as part of an archiving overhaul. Something like a "consolidate" stage which copies all externally referenced files in to the project folder.

This is a necessary function, I also thought about what it needs to be added, if it is not already.

Return to “Tracktion”