Edit file size problem

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi:

Working with Waveform 3.3.6 on windows 10.

I had an Edit with a 4 MB file size. Suddenly it became to 90 MB.
I created a new empty edit and copied track by track, and the size is 4 MB again.
This happens in some of my projects and I can detect the reason. My first guess was related with the use of custom faceplates on my racks, but now I think it is related with racks in general.
Do you have any advice on this? and some alternative to solve this other than copy every track to a new edit?

I asked this to tracktion support, but no answer so far.

It's usually plugin states that bloat the Edit files. If you open the large .tracktionedit file in an XML editor (or even as plain text), you should see what is taking all the space?

(additional hint, perhaps it might be of use looking at rack history, as there was a problem with saving rack status in T7 and previous versions, often the structure was there, but plugin parameters got thrown away. also automation into racks (might have many points) worked in T6 with some crashes, but not in T7 with having the advantage of less crashes.)
- does saving racks as presets, containing complex plugins, bloat a tracktion file?

Thanks for the answers... I also think this is related with racks... which is sad, because I like racks.
Anybody knows why Tracktion is not answering anything related to this... I have 2 or 3 request and no answer at this moment.

Well ... drowaudio (above) is the lead Tracktion developer, and you've ignored what he's asked you to do, which would help troubleshoot the issue ...
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

I have not ignored it ... The tracktion support asked me to send the file and I did, but I have not had any news about it in weeks

Do you have the ticket number so we can take a look?
I apologise for any delay, the lead up to the NAMM show (starting tomorrow) is the busiest time of year for us so we may not be as prompt with support queries as we usually are.

Tracktion support contacted me yesterday... so they are reviewing the issue again... thanks

It's nice that the .tracktionedit files are not binary; I've just now removed some sort of not-quite-deleted track-rack-plugin I created by accident that was using up 30 or 40 megabytes.

This has taken so long that I moved all my projects to Reaper waiting for Tracktion to find and explanation or maybe a solution. But today I decided to investigate myself (I paid for this DAW so I expect to use it and really don't want to wait to the end of NAMM)... and discovered that the problem is related to the plugin Youlen Loudness Meter 2 (free version)...
Waveform is saving a lot of state information related with this plugin... which is rare... because this is not an effect, is a "meter".

The problem happens with both vst2 and vst3 version and I think is a waveform problem, because I use the same plugin in Reaper, Cakewalk and Ardour and none save 50 megs of data.

Hope you can solve this problem... Youlen Loudness Meter is becoming a popular plugin....
Of course the workaround is to use the plugin and delete it before saving the project.
The good news would be that this is not related with racks.

Cheve wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:31 pm This has taken so long that I moved all my projects to Reaper waiting for Tracktion to find and explanation or maybe a solution. But today I decided to investigate myself (I paid for this DAW so I expect to use it and really don't want to wait to the end of NAMM)... and discovered that the problem is related to the plugin Youlen Loudness Meter 2 (free version)...
Cool, so you decided to do what drow suggested doing 8 days ago, and I mentioned would help troubleshoot it, after it seemed like you were ignoring that suggestion. And it's a plugin causing the issue, as previously suggested. What did the plugin dev say when you contacted them about it?

Do you really expect that users of the paid version of Waveform 9 (ultimate pack is this case) keep trying to solve software errors by themselves? Why? Nobody tell me I was buying beta software... this is not the free T7, this is not Ardour.
I'am using this forum because tracktion support is not responding and because tracktion recomend it.
I'am still not contacting the developer of the free plugin, because this plugin works very well in Ardour, Reaper and Cakewalk... maybe today I'am going to test it in LMMS to be sure.
Finally I bought this software to use it... not to be a beta tester of version 10.

Cool. Enjoy your bloated file sizes, it doesn't affect me whatsoever, so I'll stop trying to point you in the direction of how to solve your problem most efficiently.

Return to “Tracktion”