Waveform 10.0.15 Public Beta

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Waveform 10.0.15 Public Beta is now in your download area if you have a W9 license

The big change for this version is "Keys can now be set to sharp or flat and all corresponding notes and chords will display appropriately". Please give it a try.

Changes:

Code: Select all

- UI:               Pressing play while recording now stops recording and starts playback
- MIDI:             Keys can now be set to sharp or flat and all corresponding notes and chords will display appropriately
- UI:               Added cut and paste shortcuts to ranged selection
- UI:               Ensured a range selection takes precedence when deleting
- UI:               Fixed an issue that would expand a selected clip when deleting a non-overlapping range selection
- UI:               Fixed bubble messages not appearing when using small transport bar
- Bugs:             Disabled copying or duplicating tempo, marker, chord track or automation tracks
- Bugs:             Fixed chord clips pasting into regular tracks
- Bugs:             Fixed splitting chord clips
- Bugs:             Fixed master level meter in mini transport bar for appearing vertical in mixer
- Javascript:       Added an action to renderClipsFromSelectedRange
- Bugs:             Fixed chord clips pasting on to regular tracks
- Bugs:             Fixed newly enabled MIDI devices not appears in control surface property panel
- Bugs:             Fixed parameter names not showing up on Mackie MCU
- Bugs:             Fixed vertical zoom on Mackie MCU
- UI:               Adjusting tempo with slider snaps to whole values, decimal values can be typed in

It seems to work fine.
However, there is a small gotcha:
If you work in harmonic minor, you get both a natural and a flat of the same note.
For instance, in G harmonic minor, you get both G and Gb. I think the correct notes are G, A Bb, C, D, Eb and F#.
I can live with this. I just wanted to mention it. It might not be worth the trouble to fix.

Speaking of chords. It really should be possible to insert a new chord in the middle of a chord clip. Suppose you discover you need a chord change in the middle of a bar somewhere in the chorus. As it is now, you have to delete and re-add all chords after that point. No fun.

In the action panel / property panel, look at your progression and right click on a chord and then pick duplicate and then change it to what you want it to be.

You 'should' be able to move the cursor with the arrow keys and then type a new chord, but the arrow keys are moving the cursor. I'll get that fixed.

A separate question --- does Waveform 10 PB install over W9?
Or an installation of it's own?
Hoozda Band

metrognome wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:03 pm A separate question --- does Waveform 10 PB install over W9?
If you change the path to install it over W9, then yes it does. But it wont by default.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

FigBug wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:53 pm In the action panel / property panel, look at your progression and right click on a chord and then pick duplicate and then change it to what you want it to be.
Ahh… that's the way to do it. Thanks! Didn't figure that one out.

The error in colouring the notes in 2/4 time signature is still there. The notes are coloured according to the chord AFTER the actual one.

whyterabbyt wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:21 pm
metrognome wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:03 pm A separate question --- does Waveform 10 PB install over W9?
If you change the path to install it over W9, then yes it does. But it wont by default.
I'm still doing my work in W9, despite having installed the W10 beta. It works fine.

Thanks whyterabbyt and Stuttaton for the reply.
Hoozda Band

Hi,any thanks for beta new waveform 10. I have a test on Ubuntu Studio 18.04 Gnu Linux and it work perfect

gennaro
Bitwig Studio 4.0.1 - Live Ableton 10/11 standard + MaxMsp 8 - Reaper 6.3.4 - Waveform 11 - Mixbus 7 - Ardour 6.9
Mx Linux 21.4 Hp elite 8200 sff (Debian Bullseye based + kx studio) - mx linux 19.4 (Asus x54c) Windows 10

Return to “Tracktion”