No sample instruments in Biotek after Waveform 9.3.2 install

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Installed Waveform 9.3.2 install on windows machine running windows 8.1.
When I insert Biotek as a plugin into waveform it only brings up 1 default sound and when I go to content folder it shows following.
"The preset instruments or samples could not be found. Check if all locations are set to correct folders in the global menu."
with Collective I installed the content folder for all samples sounds. does Biotek have a folder like this. cant find anything on website.
also have installed testa drum loops and they work. when downloading the Filipo drums loops the file is unrecognised on my system although 1.3gbs in size.
great if anyone could shed some light on these issues.
thanks

Have you downloaded and installed the "BioTek Content" (it's about 800MB iirc)? If not, click "Show the Download Manager" button in the message that appears when you open then plugin and you'll see a button for it.

Once you've downloaded (it will download via the browser) and then installed it, you should see a bunch of files in "C:\ProgramData\Tracktion\BioTek". If they're there, open BioTek again and they should appear.

For the drums, perhaps the download didn't complete correctly? Can you try downloading it again?

I downloaded the content but I don't know where it got downloaded to.
When I go to C:\ProgramData\Tracktion\BioTek, the Instruments and Samples folders are empty.

It sounds like you downloaded the content installer but didn't actually run the installer?
Have a look in your web browser to see where it downloaded to but most likely the "My Downloads" folder.

Thank you, found the installer finally.

Return to “Tracktion”