Key, notes... midi files

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, new to Wavefront, imported a midi file, just need help figuring out how to se “music” (I believe) has to be a way to see notes and the key of the music and not just little bars and dots right?
Anyone knows how to do this?

Wavefront?

Whatever it's called, I'm afraid it doesn't show musical notation. You can get a piano keyboard up the left side to show what the notes are, but that's all.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

It doesn't show musical notation, like traditional sheet music notation, but if you zoom in on midi clips (double click to expand them or similar), then the note names appear on the left hand side of the clip. If you highlight a midi clip, and look in the properties panel, there's a button for "Identify Key" which will try to tell you the key of the clip, based on the notes within it.
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

Is there maybe a plugin to show the key of the son?
Another thing... how can we change the key of the song (globally)?

Down by the play head, above it, there's the BPM of the song, and the key you've set it to be. You can add key changes on the tempo bar, as well as tempo changes. The key is shown there too. The pattern generator will follow that, if its set to global, and audio clips with embedded pitch, that you've set to repitch, if the key changes (i think, can't remember)
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

Return to “Tracktion”