Latency Compensation in Waveform. Important question. (PDC problems)

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys!
Can you please tell me if there are any improvements in the PDC problem, or any news on this?

Clac wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:17 am Hi guys!
Can you please tell me if there are any improvements in the PDC problem, or any news on this?
Dave , be great to have an update on your intentions around this.

PierreG wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:37 pm
Sorry, I did not understand what you mean. :roll:

Clac wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:34 am
PierreG wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:37 pm
Sorry, I did not understand what you mean. :roll:
Clac, didn't intend to confuse, sorry. Dave is the lead Waveform developer, thus I asked him to comment here on what's up regarding W PDC development. My understanding is that work on this issue is once more, on hold.

PierreG wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:45 pm Clac, didn't intend to confuse, sorry. Dave is the lead Waveform developer, thus I asked him to comment here on what's up regarding W PDC development. My understanding is that work on this issue is once more, on hold.
Ah, everything is fine, now I understand you. :)

I'm wondering if the re-shaping of the enterprise with new partners can boost the priority of this issue.
because there is danger in shifting into a position of the "lower price DAW" when a partner sells their own, top class product since long.
and then, some features might become a privilege of the higher priced product, which I think in the long run would be a road to nowhere for anything else.
just guessing, have seen a lot already in all kinds of businesses..
good luck and keep it up, WF people...!

HansP wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:10 pm I'm wondering if the re-shaping of the enterprise with new partners can boost the priority of this issue.
because there is danger in shifting into a position of the "lower price DAW" when a partner sells their own, top class product since long.
and then, some features might become a privilege of the higher priced product, which I think in the long run would be a road to nowhere for anything else.
just guessing, have seen a lot already in all kinds of businesses..
good luck and keep it up, WF people...!
Not sure what you are trying to say here... Tracktion is the only DAW under the Audio Squadron group.

I'm sorry if it is a misunderstanding but I considered Sadie as a full-fledged high-end audio production suite that includes mixing.
They also talk about typical mixing plugins. Of course used in Radio also.
http://www.sadie.com/products/series6/features.php
The target buyers are probably quite different so this does not look dangerous. It can have influence in any direction though.

(And I can't forget what Apple has done to C-Lab products. Notator workflow at that time was my favorite way of working with MIDI. So I am always wary.)

HansP wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:36 am I'm sorry if it is a misunderstanding but I considered Sadie as a full-fledged high-end audio production suite that includes mixing.
They also talk about typical mixing plugins. Of course used in Radio also.
http://www.sadie.com/products/series6/features.php
The target buyers are probably quite different so this does not look dangerous. It can have influence in any direction though.

(And I can't forget what Apple has done to C-Lab products. Notator workflow at that time was my favorite way of working with MIDI. So I am always wary.)
SADIE is not competitor to Waveform (or any DAW used for music production in the last decade).

Hi all!
I was glad to see the news that the audio engine was rewritten for Waveform 12, and as far as I understood, all problems with delay compensation have been fixed.

It is interesting to know who has already used Waveform 12, do you have problems like those that I indicated in my video in the first post?

Are there really no problems with the PDC now? :eek: :hyper:

I don't have any.
Waveform 12 Pro, Cubase Pro 13, Windows 11, i7-13700H

I never had any real PDC issues with Waveform, even going back to T6, so I'm not the best person to consult, here. For me, it's always been fine.

I have had issues with plugins with terrible delay issues regarding hardware, but I've been able to identify the source of the problem being conflicts with other plugins...and by disabling the offending plugin and re-enabling it, the problem goes away. Not a Waveform issue--one particular plugin was the culprit.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

I had many PDC problems using racks or sends. They're gone.
Waveform 12 Pro, Cubase Pro 13, Windows 11, i7-13700H

Thanks guys for the answer.
This is very cool, this is the most important thing that should have been fixed, in my opinion.
Thanks to the developers for this work, I know it's an incredibly difficult task to rewrite an audio engine with delay compensation in mind in all possible use cases.

Return to “Tracktion”