Waveform 10 Public Beta

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Another thing I noticed is drag and drop of samples from the browser to the multi sampler does not work. The multi sampler window disappears behind the main window when clicking the browser. This makes it impossible to drag the sample onto the multi sampler window. It makes no difference if the plugin window is pinned or not. Looks like the window handling in Waveform is not really working well. Got no GUI problems with native Linux Reaper for example or Renoise.

swindus wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:36 am Another thing I noticed is drag and drop of samples from the browser to the multi sampler does not work. The multi sampler window disappears behind the main window when clicking the browser. This makes it impossible to drag the sample onto the multi sampler window. It makes no difference if the plugin window is pinned or not. Looks like the window handling in Waveform is not really working well. Got no GUI problems with native Linux Reaper for example or Renoise.
I feel your pain. There are two bug reports open for this.
Making Bitpop music....
Tracktion Waveform 11 under Ubuntu 20.04.
ROC CUbe Ryzen 3400G - 32GB RAM, 2xSSD, Integrated Radeon RC Vega 11 GPU
Yamaha USB Mixing Station, Mackie Reference Monitors & Axiom A.I.R 32 controller.

Really liking the changes in this update. Submix issues regarding rendering/freezing seem to have been resolved. I also love the actions menu and how it comes up right at the cursor when keymapped. I think the changes in WF10 have really sped up my workflow from 9. I have found a few bugs though (on Windows 10)

The chord track doesn't allow duplicating or pasting clips ("no suitable target"). You can split clips on the chord track, but the second clip will show up blank (although it still seems to function fine).
bugged chord track.png
Also for some reason you can duplicate the chord, marker, and tempo tracks.
duplicate tracks.png
When viewing the mixer in an edit tab, the master volume meter in the compact toolbar displays vertically like it does in the full size controls panel.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Just noticed when using MCU on a Behringer X-Touch:
The vertical zoom in and out buttons no longer function correctly (they both zoom in horizontally).
Plugin parameter names no longer show on the scribble strips. The track name, plugin name, "Dry L" and "Wt Lv" still show up for the first 4, but everything else only shows the values and it's blank where the parameter names should be.

abrickwall wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:26 pm The chord track doesn't allow duplicating or pasting clips ("no suitable target"). You can split clips on the chord track, but the second clip will show up blank (although it still seems to function fine).

Also for some reason you can duplicate the chord, marker, and tempo tracks.
duplicate tracks.png

When viewing the mixer in an edit tab, the master volume meter in the compact toolbar displays vertically like it does in the full size controls panel.
These will be fixed in next build

abrickwall wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:14 am The vertical zoom in and out buttons no longer function correctly
Plugin parameter names no longer show on the scribble strips.
Got these as well, thanks for the reports.

whyterabbyt wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:03 pm Looks like high-DPI screen support for plugins is messed up again.

Win10 x64; running a 4K screen at 200% upscaled (because its a 15" screen). W9 shows almost(*) every third-party plugins (eg FM8, Massive, Diva, Unfiltered Audio stuff etc etc) respecting the upscaling. W10 shows those same plugins at 100% 'real' resolution, with no scaling, so tiny. Its a bit disappointing, TBH, I think Ive reported every new version of Waveform as having this problem.

(*) There was one weird exception. Unfiltered Audio Byome scaled properly in W10, incorrectly in W9. Go figure.

The included AirWindows and Waveform plugins seem to scale fine, but its also hit and miss as to which other TSC plugins (which, luckily, seem to be rescalable) initialise at 100% (wrong) or 200% (right) scaling. WaveRazor LE does, for example, Biotek2 and Collective dont.
On my system Byome still has the awful gui bug (where the cursor position is misread as to the left of its actual position) which for me is a dealbreaker... tried VST and VST3, Enable DPI, nothing helped.

(Using Windows 10....)

For me at least, whether this is fixed or not will almost certainly determine whether I buy Waveform 10.

Just got Byome gui to work in Waveform 10 using these steps:

- Enable DPI outside of the Byome gui
- open Byome gui; the window will be oddly scaled and the cursor will be incorrectly detected as significantly higher on the screen
- increase size of window by manually dragging it, cursor now works properly

[Edit: works in Waveform 9 too, damn I wish I knew this for my last project!]

In the light theme, the pathbar has a wrong text-color

I guess it should be a light text color, because the background is dark :)
Or make the background of the pathbar light :)

Best regards

The lines for the loop bars seems to have disappeared, so that there's no indication of what's looped without having to look up into that little area on the screen where the top of the loop bars are. I miss the old loop bars that made it super super simple to see at a glance where the loop is.

I second the loop bars. Those are important.

Plus 1000 !
Rob van Hees

vitocorleone123 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:23 pm The lines for the loop bars seems to have disappeared, so that there's no indication of what's looped without having to look up into that little area on the screen where the top of the loop bars are. I miss the old loop bars that made it super super simple to see at a glance where the loop is.
The colour of the bars surrounding the loop area is darker. Also, this plus the top marker is only visible when looping is active. So that's an improvement too.
The problem with earlier versions is that the in- and out marker lines are hard to distinguish from the playback cursor line.

Ableton link would be a nice feature. Just Saying :D

I gotta admit I wasn't feeling it ... Not too warm and fuzzy about this release , but there is one or two features that seem worth my time and that is the Multi Sampler features , I've been hearing about where you can record sounds off the internet into the sampler ex Spotify , YouTube , Freesound etc etc . and also the Loops Beat to midi file function might be interesting too .

Return to “Tracktion”