Waveform 10 Public Beta

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does plugin validation have any practical use? Because some of them are not working, and I know that, and validation confirms that. But what can I do with that information?
You can send it to us and the plugin developer. Hopefully more information will help us fix things.

FigBug wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:39 pm
Does plugin validation have any practical use? Because some of them are not working, and I know that, and validation confirms that. But what can I do with that information?
You can send it to us and the plugin developer. Hopefully more information will help us fix things.
Thank you for answer.
May I ask for a small improvement: a loop selection is visible on empty tracks but not as much visible on existing clips (but I see it is, if zoom in). Can you add contrast to selection area a bit? The feature itself is very useful and saves time.

There is contrast the to edges of the loop region and the time bar now shows a blue are where the looped region is.
One thing you may be missing here is that you can use the new "ranged selection" tool to select areas of tracks and cut/copy from those so you don't need to move the loop range around constantly.

Or perhaps I've misunderstood the problem?

Looks like high-DPI screen support for plugins is messed up again.

Win10 x64; running a 4K screen at 200% upscaled (because its a 15" screen). W9 shows almost(*) every third-party plugins (eg FM8, Massive, Diva, Unfiltered Audio stuff etc etc) respecting the upscaling. W10 shows those same plugins at 100% 'real' resolution, with no scaling, so tiny. Its a bit disappointing, TBH, I think Ive reported every new version of Waveform as having this problem.

(*) There was one weird exception. Unfiltered Audio Byome scaled properly in W10, incorrectly in W9. Go figure.

The included AirWindows and Waveform plugins seem to scale fine, but its also hit and miss as to which other TSC plugins (which, luckily, seem to be rescalable) initialise at 100% (wrong) or 200% (right) scaling. WaveRazor LE does, for example, Biotek2 and Collective dont.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Looks like this got missed from W10. Will be in the next version so it behaves the same as W9.

dRowAudio wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:01 pm Renaming the window didn't help but my std::system and your command line did. Slightly annoyingly this only works after the named window has been created so there's a bit of a delay at the start but works once the splash screen has closed.
Thanks for the info!
Awesome! Will you also backport this fix to Waveform 9?
And when will this fix W10 beta? Sorry for the annoying questions :) Best regards

Maybe... We're fully focused on the W10 launch at the moment though.
10.0.14 beta should be out later today.

dRowAudio wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:21 pm Maybe... We're fully focused on the W10 launch at the moment though.
10.0.14 beta should be out later today.
Works! :party:

in my computer the start and the GUI is much faster than waveform 9, very good work.

jose27mad wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:13 am in my computer the start and the GUI is much faster than waveform 9, very good work.
Yep, we've worked hard to improve these things. Glad it's not going unnoticed :tu:

Yes it is fast and snappy. With the new improvements the interface is now very slick. I think W10 will bring you a lot more customers.

What are people finding that they like with Beta 10?

Out the gate I noticed the speeder up time.
LOVE Edit Groups for clip position
LOVE Edit Cursor. Now editing works the way I always expect.
MIDI finally plays chords in preview
Multi-Sampler - Samples can now be captured from plugin input or the DAWs retrospective record buffer. For system input capture mono / stereo and channel selection has been added.

Was hoping for:
More to do with the chord track: Personally I love it for composition and speeding through setting up a int setup. I was hoping for some more MIDI tricks and some paper cut (small annoyance) improvements For a full 9 to 10 release I would also want more for the chord track to do with audio tracks.

Whats bothering me:
Some Plugins are not working right and when opening a Waveform 9 it is a different song all together. Bass is sounding like it is a few octaves high and presets are missing

Old songs don't load properly

Seems like this should be a 9.5 but all the other DAWs are 10. Cubase, Live, Logic so... I'll wait for the upgrade cost.

-Marc
-------------------
Bitwig is my DAWs and UHe and Tracktion Synths are my Bae. I maybe buy one synth a year. REMEMBER SELF just one synth a year!

mtelesha wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:01 pm Old songs don't load properly
There have been quite a lot of changes to the file format. If you are hearing differences between 9 and 10 please let us know more details!

Got a problem with the Waveform GUI on Linux with Openbox window manager. When I switch to another workspace while a plugin windows is opened in Waveform and then switch back to the workspace where Waveform is displayed the Waveform GUI is not reacting anymore on any mouse or keyboard inputs. I need to kill the Waveform process. This is the same with W9 and W10.

Edit: The GUI is working again when I click on the plugin icon in the mixer.

It's the same within racks. I need to click on the plugin icon in the rack to get the plugin GUI of an opened plugin working again after switching to another workspace and coming back to Waveform. That means first clicking the rack icon in the mixer to focus the rack and then clicking the plugin icon in the rack to get the GUI working again. :D

Return to “Tracktion”