MOK Waverzor LE unable to install on Win 10

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Out of curiosity, I downloaded the 64-bit version of Waverazor LE to hear it for myself.

Unfortunately, I'm not able to install it; clicking on the .exe in Windows 10 results in an instant and unpredictable error. I received an "unable to install" error, a "invalid filename or path error," and a "not a Windows installer." I've re-downloaded a couple times to see if was just a glitch, but got one of those three errors each time I tried.

I'm not that particularly keen to try Waverazor--doesn't seem to be my sort of thing--but others might be trying and failing to get this to install as well.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

I installed it on Window 10. It was the 64-bit download and it appears to have installed the 32-bit version too.

It's refusing to register, however. I'll try again tomorrow.

I thought I'd see if the 32-bit version works in Waveform 8 (latest version), it's scanned the VST version okay, but with the VST3 version it just said "Testing" and sat there at 0% for longer than I'd expect. It did scan though and allowed me to register.

Still haven't registered the 64-bit version, so rescanning. That added on to the list, and it was registered so it looks like I've got some ancient trial versions in there.

Sorted, but I'll need to purge the ones that don't register.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Wow. Thanks, Jabe, for testing. Very strange behavior, indeed.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

Apologies for the slow response here. v2.0.6 has been posted on the Tracktion server and this improves the installation scan experience somewhat. I have no idea what might have caused the "unable to install" or corruption of the download. I have asked Tracktion, but none of us have been able to reproduce that.

The first time Waverazor is run (usually during scanning by a DAW) after a clean installation or an update, it does some maintenance on its patch database, and this takes a bit longer than normal. I suspect this is what you are seeing, if you are able to just let that finish, startups after that should be nicely fast.

We are testing a new build (should be posted in a day or two) that great improves on the startup after updates (eg. the update maintenance thing) and the long startup should only be an issue for a first-time installation.

Cheers! - Rob

Return to “Tracktion”