4 Breakpoints?!? (LFO Tool vs Waveform's Modifiers)

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I thought to myself... in a Harry Enfield, Self-Righteous Brothers, Angry Frank voice... "Oi, Duda!, Nooooooo! We don't need no LFO Tool! We has got Waveform's Modifiers you muppet!!!"

Then I discovered a Breakpoint Modifier has a max of 4 points! WHY?!

Really? 4 points? All I wanted was a cheap ass trancegate. (Step Modifier's no use as I want off the beat.
)

Damnit! lol (oi, Duda! come baaaaack!!)

Seriously, I'd have been delighted if I could add points willy-nilly. Now I have to spend £50 and actively avoid Modifiers out of spite! ;)
"Hell is other People" J.P.Sartre

Pretty much the same as Bitwig's 4-stage modifier :)

Tho I agree a modifier with more 'breakpoints' would be welcome feature for me too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

And curves between breakpoints. Curves are nice.

spoontechnique wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:22 pm And curves between breakpoints. Curves are nice.
There already are curves in the breakpoint modifier , use ctrl + alt and drag any of the points.

Snap points to grid would be a neat feature .... something like this mockup ....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I retract my statement. Curves are great and Waveform has them.

Snap to grid would be great too.

The reason the number of stages is static is because they have parameters that can be themselves automated/modified.
How many stages would you like to see? I could add a version with 8 fairly easily...

Snap to grid is also a good FR but no guarantees on when I'll get around to that one. Lots going on at the moment..

some sort of [quantize] button that rounds coordinates to the grid values might a fast way to satisfy a majority of grid demanding clients. they can still drag a breakpoint off the grid again..

when breakpoints are represented by an array, the count would be fairly unlimited, just the reconnect algorithm (automation data with plugin parameter) will make sure the index exists.
curves might be switchable to spline and gauss softening.

@dRowAudio Thanks for your reply. I would be very happy with 8 stages. :)

8 stages!!!

That would be awesome and fix (note/transport/free) breakpoint, lfo ....etc modifiers in rack which currently is not working.

Still waiting for the fix guys :)

Return to “Tracktion”