Waveform 10 - What and when to expect...

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can you try pressing the "=" button next to the plugin window close button and toggling "Enable DPI Awareness". Close and re-open the plugin window and see if that helps?

dRowAudio wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:58 pm Can you try pressing the "=" button next to the plugin window close button and toggling "Enable DPI Awareness". Close and re-open the plugin window and see if that helps?
Thanks, it helped, amazing!
Unfortunately, Voxengo SPAN did not fix it, it opens, but the interface is minimal and cannot be stretched, and when you try to turn on DPI Awareness, it hangs and Waveform drops.
But I am glad that the AIR plugins now work! :tu:

Clac wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:43 pm
dRowAudio wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:58 pm Can you try pressing the "=" button next to the plugin window close button and toggling "Enable DPI Awareness". Close and re-open the plugin window and see if that helps?
Unfortunately, Voxengo SPAN did not fix it, it opens, but the interface is minimal and cannot be stretched, and when you try to turn on DPI Awareness, it hangs and Waveform drops.
Span works fine for me. Both in W9 and the W10 beta.

Waves Bass Slapper (both VST2 and 3 apparently) still causes poof crashes in W10 :o . Element 2 seems better so far, however (thanks for that!). What other plug-ins have been issues?
“Madness, as you know, is like gravity: all it takes is a little push.”

dlandis wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:43 am Waves Bass Slapper (both VST2 and 3 apparently) still causes poof crashes in W10 :o . Element 2 seems better so far, however (thanks for that!). What other plug-ins have been issues?
Okay, I'm replying to my posts. That's odd. Element 2 is causing crashes, so I stand corrected. It seems like those are somehow linked to aftertouch in some way. I lean on the keys and W10 goes poof.

Stuttaton wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:06 pm
Clac wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:43 pm
Span works fine for me. Both in W9 and the W10 beta.
Thanks for the comments, I decided to install the VST2 version, and it works well! VST3 is buggy.

dlandis - do you have a settings enablement on the aftertouch controller? I had similar issues with a little XKEY controller, and if I monitored it, it was sending a LOT of aftertouch messages. I found it had settings that you could limit aftertouch so that you could limit to, say, 10 messages/second rather than sending out monstrous bursts of data; with no discernable loss of feeling. My old VFX doesn't send nearly as frequent aftertouch events, so never had an issue.
Waveform 11; Win10 desktop/8 Gig; Win8 Laptop 4Gig; MPK261; VFX+disfunctional ESQ-1

Peter Widdicombe wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:04 pm dlandis - do you have a settings enablement on the aftertouch controller? I had similar issues with a little XKEY controller, and if I monitored it, it was sending a LOT of aftertouch messages. I found it had settings that you could limit aftertouch so that you could limit to, say, 10 messages/second rather than sending out monstrous bursts of data; with no discernable loss of feeling. My old VFX doesn't send nearly as frequent aftertouch events, so never had an issue.
Yes, I do, in a sense. I have a Kurzweil Midiboard, so it's pretty adjustable with its sliders. Also, when I changed Polyphonic AT to Channel AT, things improved greatly, but Bass Slapper and Element 2 still are/were causing poof crashes. Use of the mod wheel seems to have caused at least one crash as well. I'm really hoping that Waves or Traktion get a bead on this.

Thanks, BTW, for your comment.

I would like to be able to run projects with plug-ins disabled, in case the project crashes due to some plug-in. In Reaper this function is implemented.
I currently have several projects not opening due to the "ReaControlMIDI Standalone" plug-in, this was understood only by viewing the logs in "Waveform9Log.txt"

Maybe there is this function, but I did not find how to do it. Please tell me how to do this, if possible?

Waveform offered me to disable this plugin (although previously it was not suggested to disable), and now I can open these projects. Problem solved.

This solution works for me with AIR Transfuser & Strike in Waveform 9.3.2 running on Windows 10.

Thanks for the tip! All good now! :tu:

Without toggling that setting for them, the plugin UI is somehow separated from the Waveform plugin window, and deleting the plugin sometimes causes a "poof" crash with Waveform.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

gavindi wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:55 pm 6) OSC support
What do you want to do with OSC? Create a control surface in an app like TouchOSC or something else?

I would like to see 2 cool features as in Reaper.

1. Automation Items.
It is very convenient, you can work with them as with audio or midi clips - stretch, cut, copy, create linked copies, save them and use in any project, etc.

2. Auto mute.
Auto track muting is a very necessary trifle (it is needed in all DAW).
When the volume is raised to +18 dB (in the settings you can set any limit), the track automatically mutes. This is a guarantee of the safety of your ears and your speakers. And given that Waveform is made in such a way that it disposes to sound design, experimenting with sound, such protection would not be superfluous.

#1 is an idea we've been toying with, it's just not worked its way up the priority list (there's a lot of things people want from a DAW)

#2 is a nice idea. But is it really essential? If you're doing something that you expect will overload, why not simply add a limiter to the master output? That would save your ears/speakers. I will put it on the FR list though as it's probably not too difficult to add.

FigBug wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:36 pm
gavindi wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:55 pm 6) OSC support
What do you want to do with OSC? Create a control surface in an app like TouchOSC or something else?
For one thing, it would open up the possibility of deeper level control for controller keyboards like the NI S Series.

Return to “Tracktion”