Waveform 10 - What and when to expect...

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If you're interested in beta testing and like creating detailed reports (:wink:) send an email to support@tracktion.com and we'll see what we can do.

dRowAudio wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:08 pm If you're interested in beta testing and like creating detailed reports (:wink:) send an email to support@tracktion.com and we'll see what we can do.
Request sent :tu:

dRowAudio wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:08 pm If you're interested in beta testing and like creating detailed reports (:wink:) send an email to support@tracktion.com and we'll see what we can do.
So nice~ Looking forward to Waveform 10.

I would like to see comparisonics in Waveform 10,its great for audio editing when you get used to it. Waveform is a more tech-oriented DAW.
Of course ARA2,it is useful for chord track.

I cannot use Waveform 9 (I use the demo version) due to the fact that many plug-ins are not displayed at all, or are not displayed correctly so that they cannot be used.
The "Waves Scheps Omni Channel" plugin has errors in the interface, which makes it impossible to use it fully. Many AIR plug-ins are not displayed at all (Transfuser 2, Strike 2, etc.), these are the plug-ins that I use, this is not the whole list.
In general, I hope that Waveform 10 will correct what caused so many errors. And then I can go to this magnificent DAW.

I would like the history of undo and redo to be as detailed as possible, on each action, as in Reaper - this is very cool, and I'm used to it, and this is very lacking in waveform.

What is the current project start procedure? Given we have a worst-case complex template with all possible tracks and busses, and a hundred input tracks with random names. How to align quickly? WAV and MIDI file into its preferred slot within the template!

Is it solved?
I have an idea.
A macro could be written, that uses fuzzy comparison to match the name of a track in the template with the name of the input file. A loop goes through that process some 5 times, starting with the highest probability = best match, tag all successful tracks as solved, and iterate with a more loose match adjustment for the remaining unresolved matches. In the end you'll have perhaps 5 tracks that are wrong, and 5 unsolved input tracks.
Which is much better than align everything manually.

Clac wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:42 am I would like the history of undo and redo to be as detailed as possible, on each action, as in Reaper - this is very cool, and I'm used to it, and this is very lacking in waveform.
Not likely.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=513186

gavindi wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:55 pm Socalabs C64 8bit VST is almost there but I can't modify values once a note is playing.
This has been on my todo list for a long time, but these plugins are a hobby and not a priority. But they are open source, some maybe somebody else wants to fix them for me. :lol:

Clac wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:31 am I cannot use Waveform 9 (I use the demo version) due to the fact that many plug-ins are not displayed at all, or are not displayed correctly so that they cannot be used.
The "Waves Scheps Omni Channel" plugin has errors in the interface, which makes it impossible to use it fully.
Waves Scheps Omni Channel works fine in Waveform as long as you use the VST3 version of the plugin, not the VST2 version. The latter has GUI issues, the VST3 version doesn't.
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

Thanks, VST 3 is working fine! This makes me happy.
If plug-ins from AIR started to work as it should - it would be great.

chico.co.uk wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:29 pm
Clac wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:31 am I cannot use Waveform 9 (I use the demo version) due to the fact that many plug-ins are not displayed at all, or are not displayed correctly so that they cannot be used.
The "Waves Scheps Omni Channel" plugin has errors in the interface, which makes it impossible to use it fully.
Waves Scheps Omni Channel works fine in Waveform as long as you use the VST3 version of the plugin, not the VST2 version. The latter has GUI issues, the VST3 version doesn't.

Clac wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:06 pm
The only AIR plugin I've got is Hybrid, which works okay for me in windows and mac. Although i rarely use it, but just checked, and it seems fine. I probably should play with it more. Think I got it for $1 or something, just because it was $1, then forgot i got it

You are using the 64 bit versions of the AIR plugins, right? There's no support for 32 bit VSTs in Waveform 9

I recommend you try the AIR plug-ins, especially since they often make such huge discounts, I really like them.

Of course, I use 64 bit. Plugins are present in Waveform, but their interface is not displayed, this happens with Transfuser 2 and Strike 2, and after removing these plugins from the track, Waveform drops.

By the way, Hybrid 3 was displayed normally with me, but after opening Transfuser 2, Strike 2, and Hybrid 3 stopped displaying the interface (only the removal of the track and the restart of Waveform helped).

This is what the plugin window looks like - https://imgur.com/a/6cwDYCO

Return to “Tracktion”