Waves Vocal Rider

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Waves support says Waveform isn't supported.

Seems like a quarter of my plugins don't work in Waveform but do in Bitwig 2, and a quarter don't work in Bitwig but work in Waveform... time to consider Reaper or Cubase I guess. Oh well.

Vocal Rider VST3 plugins are working now in Waveform 9 after doing Configure plugin channels as in the instructions.

Also, in Waveform 10 beta, it works automatically without needing to Configure plugin channels.

Hi. I have Waveform 10 and the Waves Vocal Rider VST3 version but cannot understand this Sidechain thing. Can someone please list in detail the easiest way to make it work?

I don't even understand how to record the Automation using VR. When I press 'Write' to record automation, nothing is happening. Yes, the slider moves up and down etc. but the Automation Line through the wave file stays straight.

Both the Waveform and Vocal Rider Manuals are not clear enough and are not easy to understand.

Looking forward to getting some help on this.

Thanks,

Paul

Insert the Vocal rider plugin before the compressor if you are using one on the vocal track. Leave the automation control in the plugin turned off; most of the time it serves no purpose. Create a track to serve as the side chain input and change the outputs of the tracks that were previously going to the default output into that track (leave the new track sending to the default output). Select that track as the side chain input for the Vocal Rider plugin using the menu in the title bar. Adjust the sensitivity and target controls to taste.

Return to “Tracktion”