Example of audio editing weakness in Tracktion

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jens wrote:
Besides not a single one of the numerous advices and suggestion people here made and gave were any good enough for him - not a single one. He dissed everything for all of his stay here. It never looked like he was ever interested at all in finding a way to use Waveform as it is right now.
Yes this was my impression. The final straw was when he started trying to turn certain users comments against the TSC developers themselves. He seemed determined to make TSC look bad. I started to think he was a subtle and clever troll.

You guys are still at it, seriously, do the Tracktion developers have zero control over this forum ?
Duh

I am going to suggest the Tracktion developers take control of this and repremand all the people for personal attacks and sexual swear words in both threads, if they do not i shall point Ben at these threads and let him take action.

Just because you don't agree with (a paying customer) my views, does not give you cart blanch to break the forum rules to attack me continuosly.
Duh

What time is it ?

bungle wrote:if they do not i shall point Ben at these threads and let him take action.
Ben doesn't moderate company-forums - he never did - that's a general KVR policy - but he might end up banning you because it might make him notice what an annoying, pathetic little troll you are...

bye for now.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

In retrospect, wow, what a bunch of bullies, not even realizing it, even thinking they were doing "God's work" by teaming up and lynching the one who took the effort of specifically addressing some real technical issues, for the benefit of the product... Not in the best style, for sure, but Bungle's "mortal sin" was that he wasn't willing to silently swallow all the patronizing, intolerant, visceral in-group aggression (first just passive, then quite explicit) from those vocal, self-satisfied members, who attacked him from their comfortable majority (and "seniority").

This textbook group dynamics should of course be all too familiar to everybody, esp. from anonymous user forums, and I hope I'm not the only "troll" (just to spare you the name-calling), who can feel for victims like him very much. I understand his disappointment, frustration, and correspondingly annoying defensive responses, too, as he faced the unwelcoming climate, including being called "unintelligent" and "troll" by ones who apparently couldn't even fully understand the situation.

But of course, his rightful self-defense just predictably escalated the vicious cycle, so he couldn't but end up crucified. Quite naturally, sad to say (as anyone familiar with the absolute basics of social psychology can confirm). So, I'm not actually trying to point at the individuals acting questionably, because they are not the important elements here. The pattern is.
If just one human can learn from it, I have not risked this "meta" post in vain.

(Adding this postmortem to the record as an independent, random spectator, to have it written (for googlers, not the actual participants, obviously) that not everyone shares the warmth of hating "Mr. Bungle" out from here. And, yes, I know perfectly well what this all means for me, waking up that same pack of wolves...)

Return to “Tracktion”