Waveform Problem Plugins

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Superior drummer 3 plugin UI not working on high DPI screen: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=533649
My original post probably went into the wrong forum.

m3roadworx wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:41 pm Superior drummer 3 plugin UI not working on high DPI screen: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=533649
My original post probably went into the wrong forum.
I'm having this problem too, with various plugins. My only temporary fixes seem to be to lower the resolution, and increase the text. If I extend my screen (which has a lower resolution), things can get really screwed up, and whenever I get the UI where I want, the setting doesn't necessarily stick, when I use it again.

Checking/unchecking dpi awareness doesn't seem to have an effect.

I had this problem with EZ Drummer in standalone mode. First, the UI was so small, I could barely see it (I wrote to Toontrack, and they never answered). I drilled down to the .exe file (Win 10 system), right clicked, and there's a bunch of properties you can mess with. I think it's "Compatibility" where you can mess with Win taking control (or not) of dpi settings. I'd suggest you write down what you're doing, so you can reverse mistakes.

I haven't tried this with any of my other plugins yet, but this can be a real pita.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Plugin: Klevgrand STARK
Waveform version: 9.3.2 (Windows 10)

STARK is an amp sim. Clicking empty space on a pedal in the interface can "poof"-crash Waveform. This happens with both the VST2 and VST3 versions of STARK. It does not crash FL Studio, so I can see that it has to do with a function that is meant to move pedal positions. However, performing a single click on empty space without dragging the pedal the first time results in a crash. Moving a pedal from one slot to another using click and drag works fine and after I do that once, single-clicking a pedal in empty space does not crash Waveform.

https://youtu.be/b-vaGklyxTY

UPDATE: version 1.0.2 of STARK fixes the problem
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

IK Multimedia's new SampleTank 4 CS (VST 2) is showing some hieroglyphics in the GUI instead of numbers and text on W10 and W11.. I'm on Windows 10 64bit

Please let me know if others of you are experiencing this and if there are any solutions or suggestions.

Thanks,
Michael at The Coffeehouse 8)
Last edited by Mr Coffeehouse on Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hello,
I think it may be something I haven't figured out yet, but I can't for the life of me get IL Gross Beat to work in Waveform 10. It comes up, freezes, if I go out of the user interface and back in, I can maybe change one thing then it freezes again, if I go out and back in at that point I just see a black screen for the plug in. Is there anyone out there with insight on this issue?

Years lader plugins still don't work properly. I am having issues with Helm and Synister. Both of them work just fine in LMMS and Cakewalk. DrumPro crashes the Waveform engine when I try to drop down the preset. That's very sad because I just found waveform and love it but the abysmal plugin compatibility is a real show stopper to buying the pro version.

Hello to All,

Anybody having trouble with Master Mix from Tracktion? I can't the plug-in mgr. to stop telling me that it appears to be a plug-in but failed to load properly...

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhEpE-ZteiukhuRkMaR ... w?e=nbkFyf

Have a good one,

3EO

hi guys

So i'm using waveform 8 on pc windows 10 with the DAW essential plugins from tracktion website.
The problem i'm getting is on my recording now when ever i enable any of the vst plugins on any track i get a building hissing noise (the hissing builds, then goes, then builds, then goes,etc, constantly) it never used to do this, just all of sudden started doing it and i cant seem to fix it.
I've uninstalled waveform8 and reinstalled it from tracktion web site,that didn't work. I've also uninstalled DAW essentials and reinstalled them, from tracktion web site, that hasnt worked (tried that a few times now) and also the collective as well just i case lol
Has anyone had an issue like this?
I have emailed the tracktion support and they say for me to unlock the plugins again, but i don't know what they mean by unlock? or even where to do that?

any help would be apreciated

thanks
Deano

> any help would be apreciated
> thanks
> Deano

You have to ‘register’ the plugins - that’s the sound you get when they’re in demo mode.

Find which plug in is hissing by muting them sequentially.

It may be more than one.

When you find one, click on its Help icon in the corner, which will take you to the Register option.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

hello dear people,
1. if you move the lowpass-band or any band from the "4 band eq" while you playback the song, i got some cracking noises. Anyone have the same problem?
2. If i set up my kontakt player vst(with a string library) in a Rack with several outputs and playback seperat intruments via miditrack ( with seperat midichannels) some notes are freezing and you hear the notes the whole time.
(..mostly if im using the chord track)
waveform with kontakt screen.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I believe that this might be an authorization issue but this appears
when i try an load sampletank 4. Any help and i would be grateful

Hello, all. I tried out waveform free, but a lot of the pluigns I use crashed instanly. TDR Nova, bc free amp, all audio damage vsts, and others. Thankfully I was able to get T7 back, but it was still a bummer.

Waveform is now 64-bit VST plugins only - are all of those 64-bit ?
Waveform 11; Win10 desktop/8 Gig; Win8 Laptop 4Gig; MPK261; VFX+disfunctional ESQ-1

Windows 10 64 Bit. VST 64 Bit:

Synchro Arts - Revoice Pro 4 link.VST3:
  • Doesn't transmit audio from W11 to Revoice Pro 4.
  • Doesn't receive transport information Play/Tempo/Position
(Revoice uses a transfer/link vst plugin, but supports ARA2 too )

Soundtoys - Decapitator and other plugins of this vendor let W11 render clips endlessly.
Repro:
  • import audio
  • place Decapitator as clip fx on imported audio.
  • draw some automation
-> automation parameter offset between W11 and Decapitator leads to infinite clip rendering.

Return to “Tracktion”