Waveform Problem Plugins

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The same thing the previous post mentioned about Hybrid 3 happens to me with many of the AIR plugins in addition to Hybrid 3. Also, sometimes the interface will display, but be offset slightly to where it covers the title bar. Opening or closing a flyout menu within the plugin that resizes the window seems to fix this.

luxgud wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:27 am Hybrid 3 synth VST.

When I open a previously saved project and click on the synth, the synth screen opens underneath Waveform. Instead of seeing the synth screen, I get a black sidechain popup. I cannot edit Hybrid unless I un-maximize Waveform's screen. I can then edit Hybrid but it cannot be moved or closed - it remains stuck in the top left had corner.

(Also, but unrelated, when you un-lock from demo mode it works as a full version but then resorts back to 'demo mode' when you re-open the project.)
I'm having the same issue with Hybrid 3 VST, I don't remember exactly where it's started but I think it was on the latest update of Waveform 9, because I remember not having this issue before with T6, T7, W8 and early W9

JohnNoizz wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:49 pm
luxgud wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:27 am Hybrid 3 synth VST.

When I open a previously saved project and click on the synth, the synth screen opens underneath Waveform. Instead of seeing the synth screen, I get a black sidechain popup. I cannot edit Hybrid unless I un-maximize Waveform's screen. I can then edit Hybrid but it cannot be moved or closed - it remains stuck in the top left had corner.

(Also, but unrelated, when you un-lock from demo mode it works as a full version but then resorts back to 'demo mode' when you re-open the project.)
I'm having the same issue with Hybrid 3 VST, I don't remember exactly where it's started but I think it was on the latest update of Waveform 9, because I remember not having this issue before with T6, T7, W8 and early W9
Just verified that I'm seeing the same issue on my system - Windows 10 / Waveform 10.1.4.

Hybrid 3 VST is all good on Waveform 9.3.2 (64-bit) Windows 10, upon inserting and first opening the synth.

But saving the project (edit), and then re-opening it causes the plugin display issue as described above. I also got a C++ runtime error after closing the project in this state, which crashed Waveform.

Waveform then prompts me to disable Hybrid 3 due to the crash, the next time I start up Waveform.

This is not happening with Waveform 8.2.7 (64-bit).

Edit: and I did try the "Enable DPI Awareness" option in this plugin. It seems to work until you close Waveform, and then the setting state is forgotten when you open the project again in the next Waveform session.
Last edited by zzz00m on Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Adding ToneLib-GFX to the list. It's a nice FREE plug, so I hope this is resolved.

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/tonelib-gfx-by-tonelib

There are several forms of crashes with this plug. Most consistent trigger is to load the plug choose a preset and work with it (pretty much trouble free), save the edit and when you come back into it, opening the TonLib GUI will crash W.

My testing today reveals another scenario, which is that I was able to load the plug (without choosing a preset) and save the edit, reopen it and open the GUI without a crash. Chose a preset and played with it for a while, saved and closed the edit and came in and it strangely didn't crash when opening the GUI, yet turning effects in the plug on / off eventually crashed W. This time when I came back into W and tried to open the edit, W hung in a Not Responding mode until I killed it with the Windows Task Manager.

Came back into the edit and the GUI opening once again worked without a crash. Turning effects on / off once again, crashed W.

When W crashes, it might show the Audio Engine crash message box, or nothing at all. Coming back into the edit may or may not produce a dialog box asking if you want to open the temporary edit.

ToneLib-GFX Update:
PierreG wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:08 pm Adding ToneLib-GFX to the list. It's a nice FREE plug, so I hope this is resolved.

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/tonelib-gfx-by-tonelib
Dug into this a bit more and came up with a resolution, which I shared in the KVR ToneLib page's Discussion thread.

Here's a copy of that post:

Heads up: The version 3.7.2 installer installs what looks to actually be VST2 version 3.5.6.0, which crashes Tracktion Waveform 10 when coming back into an edit that has ToneLib in it. It's odd in that the VST2 ToneLib Help button shows version 3.7.2, yet the description that shows up in Waveform's plugin page shows 3.5.6.0.

At first I didn't realize that the VST3 version was loading into the standard C:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\VST3 path, so I copied it from there into my Waveform custom plugin path, which brought it into W's VST3 plugin list. Looking at the VST3 version's description information revealed that it was indeed at 3.7.2.

I then loaded the VST3 version and it ran flawlessly in Waveform. Super grateful for this great plugin. Cheers!

More research revealed a truth... I needed to update Waveform...

The lastest version of Waveform (v10.1.5) crashes immediately upon trying to open the GUI of any Roland Cloud plugin that was already in the project.

Reverting back to W 10.1.0 and no problem.

Synthmaster One 1.2

If you change the GUI size, it loses the tool bar and Synthmaster One cannot be moved thereafter (thus preventing you from doing anything in Waveform)
This situation continues if you resize it back to 100%.
The only way to escape this is to close Waveform and start again.

On Linux Waveform hangs with Drumgizmo.
I can confirm on Ubuntu 18.04, 16.04 and openSUSE TW with WF8/9/10, Drumgizmo 9.16 and -master.
Brief look at strace -f points to futex ETIMEDOUT in plugin thread.

Any other hosts works fine.

I don't believe there no one use drumgizmo on linux...

Kott wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:53 am I don't believe there no one use drumgizmo on linux...
I have just installed Drumgizmo-1:0.9.16-1kxstudio1 vst , running W10 on Mint-18.3 . It loads fine ( I'm in the process of downloading one of the kits now which is 2.3gb [ we will see if the large kit size is maybe the problem with loading ] . Note that Drumgizmo also passes the Pluginval tests with flying colours. I will get back when I load up a kit and maybe save & reload an Edit.

Ok seems DrumGizmo is working as expected for me . Only on the 1st reload of many times restarting W10 did the plugin fail to load, it complained something in the order of " the plugin couldn't be found " , but otherwise it is now working perfectly ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

zzz00m wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:25 pm Edit: and I did try the "Enable DPI Awareness" option in this plugin. It seems to work until you close Waveform, and then the setting state is forgotten when you open the project again in the next Waveform session.
Enabling DPI awareness fixes Hybrid 3 for me. It also fixed the blank GUI on Bluecat's FreqAnalyst CM. Setting seems to stick when closing and reopening Waveform on my machine.

mikoatkvr wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:17 pm Ok seems DrumGizmo is working as expected for me . Only on the 1st reload of many times restarting W10 did the plugin fail to load, it complained something in the order of " the plugin couldn't be found " , but otherwise it is now working perfectly ...
Thanks for testing, really. Yes, drumgizmo passes pluginval, but hangs gui for me.
May I ask You some questions:
What hardware do You use, cpu/gpu? Do You have midi input enabled? How many times did You open/close drumgizmo ui?

Return to “Tracktion”